DDS vs NOCTURNE?

#1eNujNeVPosted 8/29/2011 7:48:28 PM
I've played through all of nocturne. I have only seen gameplay and the intro videos for DDS and devil summoner. Someone on my other thread said DDS would is good for the ATMOSPHERE?
I hope someone can give me good reason to forget my initial impression but here goes...

The atmosphere first of all looks like @#$@#$@#$@$@#$@#$@$.
Some platinum haird kid who remind me of Cloud from ff7 with his deus ex machina personality is the last thing I would have wanted. The opposite of Hitoshura (or w/e).
He is also running around with a gun and then transforming into a random, very non-cool looking demon. And he has a squad of dudes with him. The MUSIC from the one battle i watched was horrid. It's as if the person making it wanted some 16 yr olds who were playing it to start headbanging the entire playthrough giving the game artificial awesomeness. Its not good on any level though. All of the battle music from Nocturne is something I'll never forget. It's as of Nocturne's battle themes arent 'trying' as hard, plus are insanely unique.

The DDS and summoner games look like something built for a child. Am I wrong? Or do they really have completely different feels to Noc, not as dark, etc.
---
AIM* metal86---MoHH2: MarioStrikers FC* 451080 389772
Clan RR http://redribbon.freeforums.org/portal.php
#2EnglishLanguagPosted 8/30/2011 7:39:20 AM
Not sure it's fair to judge a game that harshly when you've had extremely little experience with it.

Anyway, I haven't played it either, but I'll look em up.
---
FFT SSCCs:Completed(49 Arch Angel)-In Progress(9A Ultima Demon)
I know the "e" from my name is missing. Shut up
#3StravaccaPosted 8/30/2011 8:41:11 AM
Both DDS games are awesome and the closest games to Nocturne you can get on the PS2.
---
Unreal - UBerserker
#4Dark_EpathyPosted 8/30/2011 3:23:32 PM
Serph is a silent protagonist, so you really can't compare him to Cloud. Like the Demi-Fiend, you control how he responds for the most part.

The major difference is the presence of an actual party. You don't fuse or recruit demons, so if you enjoyed that aspect of Nocturne, you might resent its absence. The music, art design, and atmosphere are all comparable to Nocturne, though.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#5dogboyPosted 8/30/2011 4:01:16 PM
They are both really good games and don't deserve an argument over which is better, in my opinion.

I will say I greatly enjoyed the cutscenes in DDS, they were pretty fleshed-out I felt, and the voice acting was almost unanimously superb.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC, June 3rd
#6eNujNeV(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2011 11:06:19 PM
I can't compare him to cloud or other D-bag protags because he doesnt speak for himself?
You can compare everything about them not just that fact you know : )
But yeah i was going to say its worse than cloud because he seems to just have the look of guaranteed success. Like he will never get game over or something lol.

The guitar in the ONE battle theme was horible. Like i was going to an SMT concert or something. Either way I'll look at PLENTY of other reviews and gameplay before I check them out. I found that most RPG nuts like myself are very not like me int he sense that they are half as picky and tend to like everything that isnt plain silly awful. Anwyays thanks for the feedback :D

ps valk profile 2 is much much better than I thought it was when i started and stopped playing in after 2 days back in 2006. Dunno what was wrong with me. The music in the first town is very enchanting like vp1. Only thing i dont like about it is the skill building process.... which is kind of big but....

off topic.
thanks
later!
---
AIM* metal86---MoHH2: MarioStrikers FC* 451080 389772
Clan RR http://redribbon.freeforums.org/portal.php
#7LordoftheCastlePosted 8/31/2011 4:39:09 PM
But yeah i was going to say its worse than cloud because he seems to just have the look of guaranteed success.

That's just silly.
---
Meet me bak at mah castle 4 sum wiked storwies...
There will be delicious /cake/ :3
#8khalahaleyPosted 9/1/2011 1:54:07 AM
DDS dark, but in a different way. The hardships characters go throughout is no joke, and the story of the second game is pretty amazing.

The only problem I have with the DDS games is that 1's story content is basically that of a prologue chapter, stretched into a long-ass grindfest of a game.

The good thing is DDS2 more than redeems everything, as far as I'm concerned.
---
fish
#9PKStarSaberPosted 9/1/2011 7:23:32 AM

DDS dark, but in a different way. The hardships characters go throughout is no joke, and the story of the second game is pretty amazing.

The only problem I have with the DDS games is that 1's story content is basically that of a prologue chapter, stretched into a long-ass grindfest of a game.

The good thing is DDS2 more than redeems everything, as far as I'm concerned.

So the 2nd one is better than the first one? Because I love the first one, and as soon as I can actually find a copy of DDS2 (along with Nocturne and Raidou Kuzunoha) I'm going to play the hell out of it.

Not sure why I haven't just bought them off of Amazon/Ebay yet...
---
The Official Miles Edgeworth of the MvC3 Board
The Official Green Mage of the Dissidia Duodecim Board
#10StravaccaPosted 9/1/2011 7:51:25 AM
DDS2 has better gameplay, better enemies, better bosses. It's just more fun to play and Cielo is actually good in it.
---
Unreal - UBerserker