Near the end and I have a question. (possible spoilers)

#1TravisIsGodPosted 10/6/2012 11:08:52 AM
I was reading a topic about the usefulness of Dante and a number of posters said it would be better if he could learn Pierce for the endgame bosses. My question is how important is Pierce? I have went the entire game without it with pretty much no problems. I just made the tower appear and I think I'm going for Lucifer's path.
---
No More Heroes #1 fan!!!
I love Jill Valentine. WELCOME BACK PHOENIX WRIGHT!!!
#2StravaccaPosted 10/6/2012 12:05:39 PM
Aside the fact you can stop worrying about enemies that Resist/Null/Drain Physical attacks (except Repel!), Pierce with Freikugel makes Noah's battle less annoying.

However, Pierce is necessary against Lucifer unless you enjoy dealing damage of a two-digit amount to him (out of his 65535 HP). Pierce, Focus and Freikugel is pretty much the essential combo to beat Lucifer.
---
Unreal - UBerserker
#3metamaraPosted 10/6/2012 12:34:45 PM
With pierce, physical don't lose damage or press turns to resist/void/drain phys. That can mean one hit kill random mook like hres, than doing half the damage or less and then failing, needing another attack.

How good is your dante's physical damage? If dante does 400, it drops to 100 against that boss and the boss does know dekaja and dekunda to drag the battle longer. Used to using almighty to deal with difficult bosses? Too bad, that boss also resists almighty at the same rate, so pierce makes a wide gap in damage.
#4TravisIsGod(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 3:11:51 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. Sorry I forgot to mention I don't have Dante just that in that topic everyone was saying Pierce was necessary for the final bosses. This isn't my first Mega Ten game and I never really used pierce, more of a magic user. In this game Wind Cutter and Bolt Storm have dominated. I still have to take sown Belzabub but without pierce are my chances low in the Lucifer battle? I'll list my demons if you guys want.
---
No More Heroes #1 fan!!!
I love Jill Valentine. WELCOME BACK PHOENIX WRIGHT!!!
#5metamaraPosted 10/6/2012 9:55:25 PM
The mc gets pierce if he is on tde path. Just give him a powerful physical attack like freikugel, you get the magatama in last dungeon, and high strength and that's all you need.

Without any pierce user, the battle will drag cuz you deal less damage. You can win but it's a snoozefest.