Skill Point Distribution FAQ

#181Kamatari47Posted 9/30/2008 7:15:38 AMmessage detail
The first thing is the way the list is set up. As you know they are presented in the topic like this:

42 fisticuffs > 59 spears > 90 courage > 9 swords

Does that mean I first put 42 into fisticuffs, go onto Spears put 59 in that and so on?

Yes, because it makes much more sense in this game to throw all your skill points toward one skill and get it ASAP; spreading your points means that you won't get any of the target skills until a much higher level has been reached, and you'll struggle in the meantime.

The second question I have is regarding Angelo's skill tree. As you may have noticed the last one in his builds seem to always be in brackets like this: 21 Fisticuffs (> 68 Fisticuffs). What does that mean?

That means you have the option of getting the skill listed in parentheses if you level up the character enough to get that many skill points. It's possible for you to finish the game normally without going that high, hence the need for parentheses.

---
Otaku wa nippon bunka no hokori desu yo!
-- Patty Martin
#182Bizzar3Posted 12/25/2008 10:53:58 AMmessage detail
Metal Slash (30 swords)
Very useful for metal slime hunting, very useless for anything else

*Disagrees*...I've taken out quite a bit of other monsters with this...

*requests to un-sticky*

---
What can I do to help the Obama Recession ?
#183Kamatari47Posted 12/25/2008 11:10:34 AMmessage detail
When you use Metal Slash against a non-*Metal Slime enemy, what you're basically doing is utilizing 32 skill points' worth of investment on an attack that does the exact same amount of damage as normal attack, but without the normal attack's chance of landing a critical hit. So while Metal Slash against non-*Metal Slime enemies isn't precisely "useless" (it does still deal normal damage), it shouldn't ever be used that way on purpose -- you know it's bad when a normal attack is the better choice as to how you should spend that turn.

---
Sono niyakemen, bu-tsubushte yaru kara!
-- Souryuu Asuka Langley
#184FinestSakev2Posted 2/7/2009 1:06:21 PMmessage detail
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#185FinestSakev2Posted 2/7/2009 1:08:49 PMmessage detail
Haven't played in over a year and am thinking of trying a new run.

I have 2 questions before I start playing again.

1.) My previous run I did Hero Sword/Courage 100 and was not impressed by Gigaslash, I was impressed with Yangus's Executioner so I think Spears may be my route this time. This Spears build isn't recommended on the first page ( I don't think Hero gets as good a fisticuffs build as Yangus or Jess was my reason for my own variable) so my question is this:

Is this a good build for Hero? If not can you recommend a better build that works well with the rest of the party?

2) My previous run I did not use Thin Air or Boomerang skills at all. I think I got through it just by grinding and healing at inns more than usual. My next question is about Jess. My previous run I did get staves/sex appeal to 100 and Hustle Dance was amazing.

Should I do the same thing and choose Jess build A, or should I try either the recommended B1.Thin Air or my own version B2? I'm not to impressed by the fisticuff 100 skill, but maybe you can change my mind. *winks*

Hero
59 Spears > 90 Courage > 11 Fisitcuffs > 52 swords

Yangus
16 humanity > 6 axes > 42 fisticuffs > 19 axes > 32 humanity > 82 axes > 82 humanity

Angelo
88 Bows > 52 Charisma > 21 Fisticuffs > 81 Charisma (> 12 Staves)

Jess

A) 57 Staves > 78 Sex Appeal > 100 Staves > 100 Sex Appeal > 23 Whips

or

B1) 3 Staves > 68 Fisticuffs > 23 Whips > 100 Staves > Fisticuffs 100

B) 3 Staves > 68 Fisticuffs > 100 Staves > Sex Appeal 78 > Sex Appeal 100

Thanks in advance for anyone's opionions. *smiles*
#186Fi3herGamerPosted 2/10/2009 10:27:31 AMmessage detail
I'd do build B2 except for one thing... i'd suggest 23 points into whips before switching to sex appeal for twin dragon lash

Oh' and could I have some opinions on my build for hero. by the way theTrue BZ
i'm not saying I don't like your builds I just like to make my own.

42Fisticuffs--->52Swords--->59Spears--->90Courage
is this good or should I switch to something else?
---
Pancake time! Stalagmite! Wanna charge? Thunder blade! Come get some! Air blade! Drown! Spread! Burn! Eruption! Cool off! Ice tornado!
#187RyashiPosted 2/10/2009 1:15:26 PMmessage detail
That's a decent build, i'd say. Early group attack followed by good single-target skills. I presume you have 59 spears for Metal-slime hunting purposes. You'll be Lv36 by the time you get enough skill points (which is roughly around the time you gain access to the best places for encountering metal slimes, give or take) so that seems to work out nicely c:
#188FinestSakev2Posted 2/10/2009 1:33:02 PMmessage detail
Ok, thanks much. I'll try

Hero
59 Spears > 90 Courage > 11 Fisitcuffs > 52 swords

Yangus
16 humanity > 6 axes > 42 fisticuffs > 19 axes > 32 humanity > 82 axes > 82 humanity

Angelo
88 Bows > 52 Charisma > 21 Fisticuffs > 81 Charisma (> 12 Staves)

Jess
3 Staves > 68 Fisticuffs > 100 Staves > 23 Whips> Sex Appeal 100

*grins*
#189FinestSakev2Posted 2/10/2009 1:34:14 PMmessage detail
Yeah I support yours too Fi3herGamer. ^_^~
#190Fi3herGamerPosted 2/10/2009 7:37:35 PMmessage detail
Thanks guys i guess i'l go with that one then thanks again!
---
Pancake time! Stalagmite! Wanna charge? Thunder blade! Come get some! Air blade! Drown! Spread! Burn! Eruption! Cool off! Ice tornado!