#62TheTrueBZ(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2007 6:49:38 PMmessage detail
Bump
#63Kotetsu534Posted 5/4/2007 1:49:49 AMmessage detail
Bump.

---
There is no wealth like knowledge, and no poverty like ignorance ~ Buddha
ASONSNINO ~ Pre-S&A; AONI ~ Zanarkand
#64dirtiestdamnhipPosted 5/4/2007 8:12:30 AMmessage detail
wow. this is really helpful, i had no idea that fisticuffs was actually useful.....
---
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted Just an earth-bound misfit, I
#65Math Murderer(Moderator)Posted 5/4/2007 6:32:22 PMmessage detail
First of all, let me point out that I haven't played this game, so I'm not speaking with any authority here.
I stickied this topic and unstickied the other topic about skill points, because this topic seems to be somewhat more useful to me. However, I realize that both topics have good advice and info in them, even if they differ in several cases. I also realize that this is a subjective situation, as different people will have different preferences and strategies. So I don't think that a consensus on the best skill point distribution is possible or even desirable. Therefore I think this board would benefit from having a new topic about skill points that presents the opinions, pros and cons for each distribution and additional information from BOTH existing topics.
Until then, I hope that you can live with this topic being stickied and the other being unstickied. If there's some disagreement on my decision regarding the topics or some other change that needs to be done with sticky topics, feel free to contact me through e-mail or IM. My contact info is in my profile. Thanks in advance for your understanding and any feedback.
---
||\\ .. //|| ||\\ .. //|| Follow your money: : www.eurobilltracker.com
||. \\// .|| ||. \\// .|| Can$: www.whereswilly.com | US$: www.wheresgeorge.com
#66Kotetsu534Posted 5/7/2007 6:20:40 AMmessage detail
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#67icemancsmPosted 6/9/2007 4:17:18 PMmessage detail
This isn't a bad FAQ. What happened to the other one though? Is it still available?
#68Kotetsu534Posted 6/10/2007 12:57:37 AMmessage detail
It was unstickied due to giving poor information.

---
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us ~ Gandalf
TOIE ~ Kilika; AONI ~ Zanarkand
#69SanguinousRexPosted 6/12/2007 7:29:23 PMmessage detail
Man, I've hit level 18 and so far the Hero with a Boomerang has been *awesome* so I'm sticking with that. I'm sad to see almost every build go against that. I had already put about 14 points into Sword, but I'm thinking of switching to Boomerang/spear especially if the game has a really butt-kicking spear to aquire.
#70DCdemonic1Posted 6/12/2007 8:11:12 PMmessage detail
Any build can work in this game so use what you like and see how the various skills in each set work. You can easily get super throw, omniheal (and 50% mp reduction), and build swords/spears. As long as you don't try and do all the sets or waste points trying to get useless skills you'll be fine.

My main recommendation is to first work on swords or spears for skills useful for fighting bosses since boomerangs are meant for large random battles. Also don't go beyond super throw as the other skills will not be as useful as you'd think. You can get super throw and either falcon slash or lightning thrust by around level 30 and attack +25 shortly after. Around level 42 or so you'd gain omniheal and the 50% mp reduction if you think you might need them for the trials.