About monster recruitment(no spoilers please)

#1WadeWilson15Posted 7/10/2008 10:08:20 PM
I just got the ship. I don't want to move on with the story cause I'm loving the monster arena thing. I'm now trying to scour the world looking for good monsters. I can recruit 6 now, and the best I got is the gold golem and this potsomething monster. The other one is a punk ass slime healer. My reserves are all copper level ones. They ripped apart the rank G opponents but I strongly feel that I need better ones to get far.

So, are there certain powerful monsters I can recruit right now? Or do I need go deeper into the game for it?

Thanks.
---
"Classical music? You mean like, Run DMC?"
#2Master_GamerPosted 7/10/2008 10:17:28 PM
http://plumeria.vmth.ucdavis.edu/~saintly/gaming/monsterArena.html

---
Semper Games.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDssSCMOydA&NR=1
#3Sn1per666Posted 7/10/2008 10:57:55 PM
I would suggest getting Brickman (east of Peregrin Quay), keep Goldman, add Hackzilla (North of Farebury). They will easily get you through Rank F and Rank E.
---
RPG Freak
#4WadeWilson15(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2008 11:13:42 PM
Thanks. Do I have a chance of winning it all right now? Or are the monsters strong enough for it not available yet?
---
"Classical music? You mean like, Run DMC?"
#5Kamatari47Posted 7/10/2008 11:23:10 PM
Goldman is not very good (even with the limited collection of monsters available at your point in the game), whereas both Brickman and Hackzilla are only useful if your Hero level is already sufficiently high enough that both monsters have reached the top half of their growth curves. Really, I suggest you use the Monster Arena simulator (see the link Master_Gamer gave you) instead of listening to generic advice that may or may not be useful to you at all, since you didn't tell us your Hero level.

---
Otaku wa nippon bunka no hokori desu yo!
-- Patty Martin
#6Kamatari47Posted 7/10/2008 11:28:41 PM
As for clearing all ranks of the Monster Arena -- yes, you can do it at your point of the storyline; a team like Talos/Steropes/Octurion can clear Rank S regardless of your Hero level (though it may take some repetition). In fact, you can clear the Monster Arena as soon as it opens (prior to getting the ship), though that requires some serious Hero over-leveling.

---
Otaku wa nippon bunka no hokori desu yo!
-- Patty Martin