The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Fisticuffs only run.

#1paladin_breakerPosted 8/8/2012 9:01:07 PM
So if I was to use fisticuffs only, would it be ok if I was to also get there unique character traits as well? I mean, that shouldn't count too much toward the "fisticuffs only run" if at all...
---
final fantasy forum: http://s1.zetaboards.com/Final_Fantasy_Core/index/
please join if you like any final fantasy.
#2Diavalo88Posted 8/8/2012 9:32:53 PM
It's up to you.... since it's your run. Start off focusing on only fisticuffs, and once you have as many points in there as you intend to get, then decide if you want to start into character traits, or dump the excess points into a weapon you won't use. The traits aren't game breaking.... but having them will make the game slightly easier.
---
I use more ellipses then any person should ever need to..... ever.
Veni Vidi Vici - Julius Caesar
#3paladin_breaker(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2012 10:28:20 PM
Diavalo88 posted...
It's up to you.... since it's your run. Start off focusing on only fisticuffs, and once you have as many points in there as you intend to get, then decide if you want to start into character traits, or dump the excess points into a weapon you won't use. The traits aren't game breaking.... but having them will make the game slightly easier.

Well really, the only things I would be getting is obviously Wistle, and then of course I also want all of Heroes Courage as he gets Omniheal and if I decide to get Sword to 100 as well, I get a free ultimate skill that can be used even without a sword equipped (gigagash) Also, Defending Champion I figure would make the game quite a bit easier starting out, because against Geezer if I wanted to level up some, I could just use hero as a damage buffer since he can get it so early on, so many new things for me to try that when I am done I will start on this run! Probably even make videos of it...
---
#4PChapinPosted 8/9/2012 7:36:54 PM
From what I've seen, Fisticuffs runs usually allow you to use your Skill Points wherever you want, just as long as you never equip a weapon. So you can put them in Fisticuffs, the character trait, and even Staves to get the spells. (Can't equip a staff to use Caduceus though.)

But as was said, you're the one playing, so you decide. Just pick the rules that you think would make a fun challenge for yourself.
---
"Ezio gets around fast for a bloke wearing an entire laundry basket." -Yahtzee
#5NimbleTurtlePosted 8/10/2012 1:30:44 PM
paladin_breaker posted...
Diavalo88 posted...

Well really, the only things I would be getting is obviously Wistle, and then of course I also want all of Heroes Courage as he gets Omniheal and if I decide to get Sword to 100 as well, I get a free ultimate skill that can be used even without a sword equipped (gigagash) Also, Defending Champion I figure would make the game quite a bit easier starting out, because against Geezer if I wanted to level up some, I could just use hero as a damage buffer since he can get it so early on, so many new things for me to try that when I am done I will start on this run! Probably even make videos of it...

That was actually my strategy for Geezer even on my non-Fisticuff oriented route.
---
Wanna know how to fix lag compensation in MW3? Go back to MW2, don't worry, there's no decline in graphics and the maps are better.
#6Diavalo88Posted 8/10/2012 3:27:27 PM
Geyzer has limited MP.... and after going through his attack pattern a few times he'll try to cast Sizz and not have enough MP (giving you a free turn).
---
I use more ellipses then any person should ever need to..... ever.
Veni Vidi Vici - Julius Caesar
#7paladin_breaker(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2012 4:05:49 PM
NimbleTurtle posted...
paladin_breaker posted...
Diavalo88 posted...

That was actually my strategy for Geezer even on my non-Fisticuff oriented route.

Yeah, I can easily see why that would be someones strategy, however, I didn't know about defending champion until my most recent playthrough, as I NEVER went fisticuffs route, and now that I have, I can see why its actually really good, and in Jessica and Angelo's case it might very well be the second best thing to get, after you get TDL the only thing you need is then the Whip +25 attack, after that, I put the rest of my points into Staves till I get Kazing, then the rest into Fisticuffs till I get evasion up, from there, she is nearly impossible to hit with Divine Bustier on and no weapon, and Angelo at just 21 Fisticuffs gets evasion up, and with phantom mask and evasion robe (whatever its called) hes even harder to hit or as hard to hit as Jessica without a weapon equipped.

And then Yangus actually only gets boulder toss, if I recall, so I probably wont go his Fisticuffs route to 100, I will get Big Banga and Golden Oldies though, I don't see why there was a guide about how Golden Oldies isn't so great, its only real problem is that damage doesn't go up with tension but at the same time it doesn't take your tension either, so why not use it?
---