Re: Live.

#1spazdawg1992Posted 1/8/2011 8:04:02 PM
I was gonna try to start working on that Avatar thing... but... nah. Don't feel like totally starting that over right now..

So instead, earlier in the week I started a new zombie story. It's not as depressing as the other one, so maybe I'll be able to do more with this, not that the other one didn't get far.

I'll post sometime, I don't really have enough done right now. The chapters are extremely short.
---
Does your husband know the way, that the sunshine gleams off your wedding band?
#2spazdawg1992(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2011 9:55:31 PM
This is your favorite undead heartbreaker, Dr. Death aka the Late Mr. Valentine… just wanna let all you living folk out there out there in the land of the dead know, it's not over til the last heart stops beating. Grab something blunt and aim for the head, kids… Dr. Death, out…

Iru clicked the microphone off and wearily set it down, running a hand through his hair. How many people was he even reaching now? The lines into the studio had either been shut off or taken down a least a week ago. Sighing, he put his feet up on the desk and leaned the chair back against the wall.

How long had it been since he’d seen anyone else alive? Outside, that is. Sasha, of course, was here with him, but other than her, he was fairly sure he hadn’t seen another living person in weeks. He’d talked to a good many before the lines went down. For a while, Dan, their traffic reporter, had hung back, convincing a helicopter pilot to take him up a couple hours a day. They’d left before the phone went out, whenever that was.

Iru stared blankly up at the ceiling, tapping the side of the chair idly. They couldn’t stay here much longer. Food was running out. Sure, he had a car with a couple extra cans of gas locked up, hidden from view of anyone who tried looting the place, though why anyone would loot an office building was beyond him. Guess if someone was desperate enough…
---
Reject recommendations from orderlies to sedate Patient #0017983 unless medically or procedurally sound.
Sedatives are not a safety blanket.
#3spazdawg1992(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2011 9:56:04 PM
An alarm was going off… one of the clocks…

Iru opened his eyes and yawned, rubbing the back of his head. He’d fallen asleep leaning back in the chair. Wonder he hadn’t fallen out of it and scared himself half to death.

Grimacing at the thought of referencing death so lightly, he shifted back into a sitting position, cleared his throat, and grabbed the mic. He glanced at the rack of clocks, only two of which had batteries in them. 4 P.M., time for another update. He’d been doing six updates a date, every four hours, since the outbreak had occurred.

Hey out there all you crazy little mortal kids, Dr. Death again… far as I can tell, downtown Baytown… is no mas, I’m sorry to say. Even the dead heads seem to’ve shambled off after something they’ll never catch. If there’s anyone still out there, I’d suggest doing the same and getting gone before they come back, or some of your less than friendly comrades show up to pick up anything that’s not bolted down. For what may be the last time… Dr. Death, signing out…

Iru rubbed his eyes and stood up, stretching. No more sleeping in office chairs… certainly more comfortable than a floor, he guessed, but not by much. He walked to a couch on the other side of the room, slipped his shoes off, and lay down. Might as well get some sleep in… not much else to do.
---
Reject recommendations from orderlies to sedate Patient #0017983 unless medically or procedurally sound.
#4spazdawg1992(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2011 9:57:32 PM
A distant boom jerked Iru from sleep. He pushed himself into a sitting position and rubbed his eyes. He yawned, got off up off the couch, and walked to the window on the wall opposite his desk to peek out the blinds. No storm clouds to cause thunder, like he’d expected. His stomach fell, the thought of something being in the building crossing his mind, before he noticed a large plume of smoke somewhere across town.

Scratching the small beard he kept, he walked back across the room and picked the mic up, clicking it on.

Dr. Death here again, after not planning to be… I don’t know if there’s even anyone close enough to hear it, but that was one hell of a bang, whatever it was. Louder than God’s revolver…

He clicked the mic off, not worried that he hadn’t “signed off”. Not bothering to put his shoes back on, he walked out of the room and down the hall to the room Sasha had set up in. It wasn’t anything glamorous, a couple tables, an inflatable mattress with a couple blankets and two pillows, but it was better than nothing. She probably could’ve found a way out in the early days, when the plague was just an epidemic. “Hey… your leg doing any better?”

Sasha pulled the bandage down a bit, showing Iru the slightly healed gash she’d stitched shut a few days before. “I can kinda walk on in, or limp, at least, definitely better than the other day.”

Iru frowned. “Dammit. I was hoping to leave tomorrow, but I guess we can wait a couple more days. Gives me time to work on the truck, since I’m shutting down the broadcasts.”

Sasha nodded, choosing not to question his decision. “Been down lately?”

“This morning, yeah. From the ground and from up here, seems like the majority of the dead heads are gone, or at least indoors. The streets are pretty well vacated, some more than others. Traced a pretty nice little route out of here.”

“Still heading north?”

“Yeah. Spoke to the General this morning, said they’ve still got the place locked down tight and in good supply. He… also sends his condolences. About Rick.” Sasha looked down, away from him. “Try to get some sleep. I’m gonna go make sure the fence isn’t damaged.”

Iru left the room and made his way to the bottom of the building, into the garage below, making sure their defenses hadn’t been messed with. It wasn’t much, concrete barriers across the entryways, chain link fencing around the entire lower level reinforced with barbed wire, but it was certain better than nothing. It seemed untouched, thankfully. The top and bottoms of the fencing were suspended on steel hooks Iru had stuck into the cement of the garage and welded together, combined with more hooks on the outer support pillars; he’d created a reinforced net, essentially.

Seeing no problems with the fence, he looked outside, just staring blankly out into the distance. There wasn’t a single thing moving. How different things were now. He sighed and turned, walking into the stairwell and back up to the building, then up onto the floor he’d taken over.
---
#5spazdawg1992(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2011 8:38:35 PM
((I'm working on a new chapter of this in addition to The Dead Will Fall and the Avatar fic.))
---
#6spazdawg1992(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2011 10:47:46 PM
((Radical. GameFOX patch works.))
---
#7spazdawg1992(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2011 9:22:37 PM
Iru helped Sasha up into the truck and closed the door, walking around to the other side. He’d already removed the barriers and false walls that had hidden it for the past few weeks, as well as those blocked the only way out of the garage. Several weeks of supplies lay in the back, covered by a steel “roof” Iru had welded on with a thin slit cut in each side, and the steel itself was covered in chicken wire held in place by nails and more welding. He’d constructed a sort of makeshift battering ram on the front, more of a plow than anything, something to prevent as many of the dead-heads as possible from getting beneath the truck and potentially taking out a tire or two.

Iru turned the key, let the truck idle for a few seconds, and slowly drove out of the deck and onto the road. Bits of rubbish littered the streets, something he was already aware of, and nothing moved, living or dead. As far as he could tell, the city really was deserted.
“So… you really think we’ll make it?” Sasha was staring out the passenger window, watching the partially broken buildings pass by. She hadn’t said a word at all yesterday.

“I can’t say, Sash. I’m gonna try.” He scratched at his beard and rested his arm against the window, taking the truck around a turn. “I haven’t let anything get you let, have I? I mean, you could’ve left weeks ago when everyone else started deserting.”
“You’re all I have left. It’s not like I’m going anywhere without you.”

“I… I’m sorry about that. I could’ve saved them.”

“’s okay. It…” He could see her turn to look at him out of the corner of her eye. “I don’t blame you.”

“You don’t blame me, but I still could’ve saved them. Right?”

“Maybe your folks are still out there.”

Iru stopped talking. Sasha stopped talking. He made his way out of the city and onto a road that ran parallel to the highway, headed north. No reason to take stupid risks, and Iru certainly knew those risks. He’d grown up with zombie flicks, and seen things far more disturbing during his service with the Marines.

Like Rick getting part of his face torn off and then most of his upper body chewed on. It was like a frag had gone off, except instead of a blowing a hole through him, it just ripped off skin and bits of muscle in places.

And like the rest of Sasha’s family, Iru could’ve saved her brother. He reached over and fumbled with the CD player, eventually coaxing Nirvana’s “Lounge Act” from the stereo.
---
#8spazdawg1992(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2011 4:01:01 PM
((Saving from the purge ._.))
---
#9TheLotusEater11Posted 3/19/2011 7:23:45 PM(edited)
*saves*
---
NickBush24: The rebirth. Arsenal fan for life. - Board 575714 - Have a post or two :)
NP: Spock's Beard - Go the Way You Go
#10TheLotusEater11Posted 4/19/2011 8:53:57 PM(edited)
*meows*
---
NickBush24: The rebirth. Arsenal fan for life. - Board 575714 - Have a post or two :)
NP: Rocko's Modern Life