Your fave monsters?

#11gxxPosted 3/13/2013 3:58:30 AM
Medusa family is really good. Medusa can one-shot Ashura, Naga can solo Apollo...
#12_KazPosted 3/20/2013 2:53:35 PM
gxx posted...
Naga can solo Apollo...

Wait... what?
---
Fighter: "Mr Pibb", "Dr Pepper".. I'm onto you..
Kaz Fact: Welcome to Version 2.0!
#13In2DaBMagePosted 3/26/2013 2:05:59 PM(edited)
Does Naga even have enough HP to survive the desperation Flare?
---
I have no witty quote to put here like any other sig, so heres a picture of the Fonz:
http://lovablelabelsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/fonz1.jpg
#14BareknuckleRoo(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 9:06:13 PM
At 614 HP you can survive Flare and Masamune, but you'd need to use Cure every round and if the turn order got screwed up (as in Apollo decides to go last one round, then first the next) you'd eat two attacks in a row and get killed. Presumably it's enough HP to survive the explosion he uses too, but it would have been nice to have some elaboration on this as it's the first I've heard of a monster being able to solo Apollo.
#15BigSnakeLeePosted 3/28/2013 10:43:55 AM
As a testament to how much are people still playing this (and the remake I presume), did anybody notice that the monster calculator is down for exceeding it's monthly traffic limit?

http://www.shenafu.com/ffl2/evolve.php

Not only that but it happened like a week ago. The minimum limit I found someone talking about for SureSupport hosted sites is 20 GB
#16BareknuckleRoo(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 6:09:30 PM
I've seen that happen once before, too. It could also be getting a lot of traffic for the other sections of his website.
#17_KazPosted 4/16/2013 11:37:59 PM(edited)
BareknuckleRoo posted...
I've seen that happen once before, too. It could also be getting a lot of traffic for the other sections of his website.

Aw. I was kinda hoping it was SaGa exposure.

Also, Naga-on-Naga curing... wouldn't recover enough HP would it? (IIRC, cure's Mana x8 wouldn't cover the 500+ HP Masamune or Flare chop out.)
---
Fighter: "Mr Pibb", "Dr Pepper".. I'm onto you..
Kaz Fact: Welcome to Version 2.0!
#18gxxPosted 5/2/2013 6:35:17 PM
_Kaz posted...
gxx posted...
Naga can solo Apollo...

Wait... what?

Ha ha ha, sorry, I completely forgot to come back to this. Whoops!

Anyhow: of all the monsters that can cure themselves, the Naga is the only one with a *low* enough AGL to predictably go 2nd every time (almost), and enough HP to survive one round. Other monsters with higher AGL will all vary their turn order.

Naga is short one Cure to outlast Apollo, so you have to use Heart at some point. But you don't need it for the other characters, not even Dad; if he isn't around, Apollo's desperation explosion won't usually kill you if you have full health or close to it.