Is this game supposed to be easy? or is my party overpowered?

#1KrystieTheModelPosted 1/17/2014 5:54:51 AM
My party is

Male Human
Female Human
Male Mutant
Robot

I just beat Ashura with Mask in my party. Ashura killed my original 4 people before Mask took him out. I didn't expect to beat Ashura on the first try but it kinda just happened o_O. Still a fun RPG game though.
---
Vanilla Coffee is ahmazinggggggggggg
#2DragonAtmaPosted 1/17/2014 6:11:34 AM
When you have a fifth unit, they tend to be stronger than anyone else in the team. Don't worry, the challenge will return as soon as Mask is gone.
---
My NES, SNES, and GB all work just fine. Why should I downgrade to a Wii U, PS4, or XBone?
#3Sir_NuttyPosted 1/17/2014 8:59:33 AM
That tends to be my party except I use a female mutant.

I tend to like this party because I can grind out defense points for my mutant and make my robot a walking tank as well.

Game starts to become challenging in fifth world. Where each battle starts to take strategy.
#4tonicpalinPosted 1/17/2014 7:27:28 PM
a robot and a mutant and some grinding for money/stats seem to be pretty much all you need to beat the game. parts with a 5th party member tend to be easy, except for that one where you rescue that wittle girl.

according to let's plays, 2 robots 1 human 1 mutant would make the game a joke... if you willing to spend a hell lot of time grinding to pay for 2 robo's equips. the robot's should use agi-based weapons, human for the str-based weapons later on, mutants for magic and resistances. of course if you're willing to grind even more, the human can be a better spellcaster than the mutant.
---
i luv me/ i luv me/ **** barney indie-i
#5CyberKnightPosted 1/18/2014 3:14:47 PM
The first 3 worlds are easy, in fact if you bought the game box, you get a guide for the first 3 worlds with maps.

You start to get a little challenged in the 4th world. In the 5th world, the gloves come off. I remember when I was a kid, I had to restart multiple times with different parties to get past that world cuz I didn't develop my party properly.
---
[A64 3000+ (S754), ATI 9800 Pro 128MB AGP, 2GB RAM, 22" Samsung 2253BW]
[Laptop: 14.1" Asus F8Sn-B1, T8100, nVidia 9500M GS, 3GB RAM] 3DMark06(3575)
#6BareknuckleRooPosted 1/20/2014 12:49:07 AM
The key party member you have is Mask. It frankly doesn't matter who your characters are, even with 4 humans with no equipment just there to soak up damage, Mask can tear through Ashura easily. In fact, any time you have any fifth member, they'll have massive stats compared to you, so give them a decent weapon and watch them rip up whatever boss is next. Some fifth members can't use equipment though (namely Mr. S, he's a monster...), and some come with their own equipment that kinda sucks (you can't replace armor, but if you use up their bad weapons you can give them good stuff like magic).

The difficult fights in the game are usually the ones where you don't have a helper tagging along. Frankly, I'd like to be able to not have a fifth helper around, as they do tend to be rather powerful to the point where they carry the team through whatever boss fight you're against. The way to really match or beat fifth members in damage/stats is by using a geared up Robot (give them as much Agi gear as possible, they can rip up stuff with Rapiers/Laser swords) or late in the game when your stats will be growing high if you're training and can realistically reach the maximum values.
#7DragonAtmaPosted 1/20/2014 8:44:17 AM
011086C2

That code will remove the fifth member. Not completely remove, mind you, but perma-petrify as long as the code is on (even if you try and remove the petrification!).
---
My NES, SNES, and GB all work just fine. Why should I downgrade to a Wii U, PS4, or XBone?
#8KrystieTheModel(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2014 6:18:40 PM
I made it to Apollo's World so far
---
Vanilla Coffee is ahmazinggggggggggg
#9BareknuckleRooPosted 1/22/2014 6:00:01 PM
DragonAtma posted...
011086C2

That code will remove the fifth member. Not completely remove, mind you, but perma-petrify as long as the code is on (even if you try and remove the petrification!).

Cool, I'll try that next time I play. I guess I'd have to petrify 'em every time a new person joins, but I'd make it feel like a true 4 person, my own characters only game, like FFL was. Is there a similar code for FFLIII?
#10DragonAtmaPosted 1/22/2014 6:14:58 PM
Why yes, there is! I don't remember whether I discovered these on my own or found them on the internet (or a mix!), but they were sort of necessary for solo mode. So let me be complete on codes for petrifying people:

FFL2, #1: 011006C2
FFL2, #2: 011026C2
FFL2, #3: 011046C2
FFL2, #4: 011066C2
FFL2, #5: 011086C2

FFL3, male human: 014001C5
FFL3, male mutant: 014061C5
FFL3, female mutant: 0140C1C5
FFL3, female human (or Myron in the first battle): 014021C6
FFL3, 5th character (or female human offscreen during the first battle) : 014081C6

It doesn't hurt to leave those codes on, even if it's for petrifying slot 5 and a fifth member leaves the party. Also keep in mind that turning them off may wind up unpetrifying someone, so I recommend just inputting the code(s) when you start the game and leave them on for the entire game.
---