Zelda, Secret of Mana, or Illusion of Gaia

#1lastelixerPosted 2/26/2010 5:24:25 PM
Reviewers always say action rpgs are like Zelda, but these games are often closer to games like Illusion of Gaia (Alundra comes to mind). So for those who know better, which of these games does this game come closer to?
---
GWS Zoma was the first to discover a reliable method to reach the Chris Houlihan room from the Light World.
#2GetSmartPosted 2/28/2010 5:49:54 AM
Haven't played Secret of Mana(Played Legend of Mana though, game is confusing as hell), or Illusion of Gaia, perhaps one day I might. I've played Alundra(pretty fun, but hard game, was much larger than it looked) but that game is geared more towards Landstalker. Not sure what this game would come close to resembling. I also enjoyed it's prequel Legend of Oasis, but it was too short, and the world map was horribly small.

I would like to try and get my hands on Dark Savior though, as I've heard it's a game(for sega saturn) that's much closer to Landstalker than Alundra. Once planned to give Alundra 2 a go, but when I saw it bares no resemblance to the first in almost any way, I discontinued almost immediately.
---
if it is to be, it is up to me.
Officially the Nice Guy: turned down by 15 girls, all of whom still complain to me about their boyfriend.
#3Gaming_MasteryPosted 3/1/2010 5:45:47 PM
It's because Zelda came first.
---
"Tries too hard to troll/be funny/etc., and his unwarranted sense of lolinternetsuperiority oftentimes makes him look like an lolinternetdouchebag."