Let's make an in-depth FAQ.

#1Azrael_2Posted 4/26/2011 4:41:20 AM
with a damage formula.

At the moment it seems that powered up moves do twice the damage, but it should be provable with Ikazuchi
and a powerup, probably most easily on the first level boss.

Then next, see what the dash attack damage is, and if this is influenced by the power-up. Also, we should then be able to measure the damage of the two destructive magics by magic + regular shuriken = boss health.
---
Official intarnet winnar!!! of the 1986 Peppercorn Derby
YOUR JUST JELOUS BECAUSE HOW PRETTIE I AM.
#2Azrael_2(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2011 6:38:43 AM
ok, so far, the power up doubles shuriken damage, Kariu deals 4 shurikens worth of damage to a boss, and the Mijin deals at least 8 shurikens worth of damage (destroyed the second mid-stage boss totally).

FYI, the fist and second mid-stage boss both take 8 hits of damage.

From now on, one hit = one shuriken, the lowest possible damage value.

Still to come: How much damage the rush attack causes, and if it gets powered up, and the same for the kick and melee.
---
#3XeroShinobiPosted 4/26/2011 10:05:29 AM(edited)
Sorry to burst your bubble, but power hits (flaming shuriken, standing and crouching sword strikes) do triple damage, as does the running slash regardless of the power pickup. Everything else (normal thrown shuriken, shuriken swipes, and low kicks) does 1 damage, or 1/3 the damage of a power hit. Jump kicks also do 1 damage regardless of the power pickup. Both Kariu and Mijin deal 8 damage.

You're also incorrect about the amount of HP the first sub-boss has. The stage 1 sub-boss has 6 HP, not 8.

So, to reiterate:

Normal shurikens, shuriken swipes, low kicks and jumping kicks deal 1 damage.

Flaming shuriken, standing and crouching sword strikes, and the running strike deal 3 damage.

Kariu and Mijin deal 8 damage.
---
Currently playing: whatever
#4Azrael_2(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2011 1:39:52 AM
You're right. I realised this yesterday on stage 4 - the flame guys take 3 hits or one powered hit. Meaning for a boss, Ikazuchi and a power up is probably the best combination.

Secondly, I meant the first boss, and the second mid boss, but I may be wrong about the second mid boss too, as I managed to hit him with 5 dash attacks, which would be a minimum of 13 hitpoints, presuming I hit him right (hard to see on a Nomad). That would also mean that if Kariu probably is 8 points.

I should have done this with an emulator and savestates really.

Do you have any information on boss hitpoints? This was the last thing I was really after.
---