Great game...

#11Recoome_is_godPosted 12/1/2012 4:53:13 AM
blackhrt posted...
TravelDemon posted...
My problem with fourth generation Ninja Side-scrollers is that they all pale in comparison to Hagane.

Ok but who has that game?

I have no idea, but I have to at least try it now.
---
The noblest of all dogs is the hot dog: it feeds the hand that bites it.
DOOMBEARS II - Return to the Labyrinth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWdejK6yKiQ
#12blackhrtPosted 12/1/2012 8:44:04 AM
You might as well stick with playing Shinobi III. I doubt Hagane as a cartridge is available. Which means an emulator would be the only way. From the gameplay screens I've seen its looks good, but both games do their own thing well. Hagane is comparable to Metal Slug for the incessant-ness.
---
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."
#13TravelDemonPosted 12/2/2012 8:01:23 PM
Yes, it's true that a cartridge of Hagane is nigh impossible to obtain; if only there was a way to play it without the cartridge...

Seriously though, it's definitely worth checking out; as far as side-scrollers go it's top notch. Also, rumors of it's difficulty are greatly exaggerated. It's no harder than any other game of it's kind.
---
Hatsune Miku. I don't even know why, but Hatsune Miku.
#14misterbum(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 7:41:01 PM
You can't go wrong with Hagane, or Shinobi. Or many other good 16-bit side scrollers, honestly.
---
You became the boss. You are great.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jA7nRwQp_E
#15Recoome_is_godPosted 1/8/2013 8:35:09 AM
Tried Hagane earlier in the week, and to be perfectly honest I much prefer this or RoS. It's certainly not bad though.
---
The noblest of all dogs is the hot dog: it feeds the hand that bites it.
DOOMBEARS II - Return to the Labyrinth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWdejK6yKiQ
#16misterbum(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 10:51:37 PM
I honestly don't think I've ever played Hagane, just have heard of it.
---
You became the boss. You are great.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jA7nRwQp_E
#17BrianCraigSmithPosted 2/9/2013 8:06:47 PM
misterbum posted...

I've never heard of it until this topic LOL. Shinobi III is really fun though; the scrolling stages may not be everyone's cup of tea but they give another challenge so it won't be the same.
---
PSN: Handsomistic1
3DS: 1263-5501-9059
#18blackhrtPosted 2/10/2013 2:58:31 PM
BrianCraigSmith posted...
misterbum posted...

I've never heard of it until this topic LOL. Shinobi III is really fun though; the scrolling stages may not be everyone's cup of tea but they give another challenge so it won't be the same.

I didn't hear any problems from the folks I talked to. Even the stage on horseback was cool since you fought that boss with his ninja speed. and the jetski stage was boss. Im not looking thru rose tinted glasses when I say that some games can only be experienced in their era of console. This game is one of them.
---
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."
#19BrianCraigSmithPosted 2/10/2013 10:02:07 PM
blackhrt posted...
I didn't hear any problems from the folks I talked to. Even the stage on horseback was cool since you fought that boss with his ninja speed. and the jetski stage was boss. Im not looking thru rose tinted glasses when I say that some games can only be experienced in their era of console. This game is one of them.

I think the scrolling stages people were talking about (as in on this board) were the upward scrolling stages; the horizontal scrolling stages aren't that difficult IMO.
---
PSN: Handsomistic1
3DS: 1263-5501-9059
#20T_TanggPosted 2/21/2013 12:18:13 PM
Really good game. I play it on my Vita here and there. The game is on the PSP Sega Collection.
---
NNID: T_Tang PSN: T_Tang GT: ElateDuckling0
Vita: AsKsQsJsTs 3DS: 0387-9826-5126