Lets talk about the Charge Kick.

#1tlitzau9999Posted 5/23/2013 6:53:15 AM
This is the most worthless weapon in this game, but maybe I am wrong about. Does anyone know if this weapon is more useful other then beating Waveman with it?
---
Never underestimate the power of soup.
#2qzecwxPosted 5/24/2013 12:45:06 PM
This is the most worthless weapon in this game

Stop.
Stone, Wave, and Star are all considerably worse than Charge Kick, since they do the same thing (one damage) with either their range or shot count being inferior. Anything that gives you a meaningfully long period of invulnerability is bound to have some kind of worth. In a platformer, this is inevitable.
---
[Miyamoto] is someone who has forgotten more about game design than you will ever know.
-EvenSpoonier
#3aeepahzieoiPosted 5/24/2013 4:08:30 PM
Think I saw it used a lot in a TAS.
#4twistedbassmanPosted 5/25/2013 10:51:39 PM
They're good for taking out the met bots (hard hat guys) without taking damage. If you're looking for more uses, someone actually took the time to play the game using pretty much only charge kick. Here's part one:

http://youtu.be/HmIP7KBn2P8
#5VeryFunTimesPosted 5/25/2013 10:54:47 PM
I think one time I got a "kick" out of the charge kick and used it as much as possible. I'm not kidding!
---
Hey
#6tlitzau9999(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2013 10:54:28 PM
This is very interesting information. I never thought the charge kick could be so useful. The stone is actually a pretty good weapon from my experience. Many of the enemies are in a perfect position to use it on them.
---
Never underestimate the power of soup.
#7VeryFunTimesPosted 6/9/2013 11:12:10 PM
Charge Kick is for precision ass kickin', American style.

Top Spin is poetic and reminiscent of ballet, and kicks ass, to boot. If you could just make Mega Man a dancer, he would be unstoppable. Or at least even more so.
---
Hey
#8ChaseXtremePosted 6/22/2013 2:23:22 PM
qzecwx posted...
This is the most worthless weapon in this game

Stop.
Stone, Wave, and Star are all considerably worse than Charge Kick, since they do the same thing (one damage) with either their range or shot count being inferior. Anything that gives you a meaningfully long period of invulnerability is bound to have some kind of worth. In a platformer, this is inevitable.

StarCrash is awesome. You don't even use any of it's power unless you hit an enemy or throw it. So it you use it an see no enemy, just pause to keep the power's energy.
This power is very useful in Crystalman's level with the falling crystals. Also very useful in I think Protoman's 3rd level (Not sure if that's the one) but it's useful when you're on small conveyor belt platforms while flying enemies drop objects on you.
---
Woman of the week: Melina
http://i2.listal.com/image/2037342/600full-melina-perez.jpg
#9luigi_master29Posted 7/2/2013 7:45:57 PM
Nah. Charge Kick is fun. I find it helpful against the first Dark Man boss.

Water Wave is horrible. Probably the most useless weapon in this game. Close range, limited use (land only) and 1 damage. The only time to ever bother with it is against Star Man or the first Dark Man.

Power Stone is fun to use, and if you get lucky/aim it right it can take out a lot of weak enemies on screen. It always kills something. I find it handy when there are a lot of small flying enemies and I need to focus on platforming. Star Crash has similar utility, and it makes Dark Man III even easier (use Star Crash to destroy the paralyzing rings if you have trouble dodging).
---
If I had a tail, I'd swat the flies