Stage 5-2 the tricky wall climb part

#1sm0kiEPosted 1/31/2008 1:19:52 PM
You know that part where you just come out of the dungeon, and on the second floor, you gotta climb this tough cliff downwards? I hate that part =( And if you try to go over, an EAGLE knocks you down.
---
Yes smokie, this means that you're no longer needed and can stop posting on this forum. KThanksDie -- Number01
#2Diamond_DragonPosted 2/3/2008 11:57:29 PM
Two ways around the eagle knocking you down:

1) Use the spin cut - jump and grab the wall, jump and grab higher, then jump and spin cut while going high enough to get over.

2) Take the hit from the eagle while clinging to the wall and you won't be knocked off. Then hop over when it is on your left side.
#3El Jedi FuertePosted 2/5/2008 10:28:24 AM
I'm actually working on this game right now and fortunately for me there's a topic about the exact same spot I'm stuck on. So far I've managed to perfect getting to 5-2 and continuously dying at that downward wall where the eagle is. It gives me no problems, but the climbing and jumping do. Either I fall too far and die or don't fall enough and am too high. What am I doing wrong? And is there anything I can do to improve?
---
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent"
Qui-Gon Jinn, Episode I: The Phantom Menace
#4sm0kiE(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2008 11:02:07 AM
You can practice on any wall... climb to the top, climb down, repeat...

---
Yes smokie, this means that you're no longer needed and can stop posting on this forum. KThanksDie -- Number01
#5El Jedi FuertePosted 2/5/2008 4:52:57 PM
Eh, screw it I got past that part. Now I'm stuck in 6-2... *shudders*
---
#6Diamond_DragonPosted 2/7/2008 6:07:14 PM
Check out the topic "6-2 tip" to get through the first part.

Next part, the spin cut makes things much easier, but here's a description without.
Wait for the gun guy to shoot, then back up. When he backs up, run to the left and slash him without jumping. You should hit him on the way down. Then provoke the bat. Jump left slightly, but stay on your platform. Keep trying until the bat comes into the screen. When it does, jump back up to the right, then wait for the bat to follow, and jump over it. It is important that you don't kill it, because it will respawn and hit you mid jump unless it is already in the screen.

Jump to the next platform and run to the left edge. Wait for the eagle and slash it. Grab whatever goodies you like. The flame wave hits the axe guy pretty good, but grab the blue shuriken once you're on the axe guy's platform. You can jump to the ladder from here if you run to the left and jump as far as possible (make sure to hold in left when the screen goes black or you may fall in the hole immediately). If you miss that, just kill the jumpy thing (lol, what IS that thing?) and climb up the ladder like normal.

The next room is the hardest one in the game. Climb up the ladder. Wow, that was hard!

K, seriously, a tough room here. It's easiest with the spin cut, but again this is a description without. Jump over the hole and slash the first enemy on the way down. Then run forward, jump the first bat, jump left while still facing right to avoid the ninja from behind. Get as far to the left as you can with that jump (it won't be too far because you still need to face right) and kneel to slash the eagle. The second bat should be high enough to avoid just by kneeling because you jumped the first bat, so that one came in too high.
Next jump to the next platform, and don't move. If you go too far, an eagle will come at you from the top and continuously respawn until you move left or right. What you need to do on that platform is get the knife thrower to disappear. You're a ninja, so this is possible : ) Just keep taking small steps until the knife thrower walks backwards and doesn't come back. This opens the way to the ladder. (an easier way to get through the knife thrower is to use your shuriken, but if you die on this part once, you are without)
Finally, run forward, jump and slash the eagle on the way up, land on the next platform and keep running to the right. Fall to the next platform without jumping (you'll go under a ninja) and jump the ladder.

Next area: Jump up the platforms and slash the eagle. Jump down, run right quickly, slash the two enemies, then turn around and jump slash the eagle. Run to the right, jump and slash the first item (+10 ninja magic) on the way up, and get the fire wheel on the way down. Once you have this, make a mad dash for the exit by climbing the white pole and green wall.

That should help. If you still have trouble, let me know, I'll see what I can do to make something easier.
#7El Jedi FuertePosted 2/25/2008 4:07:50 PM
I got past all that. Now I'm stuck fighting Jaquio. Any ideas?
(I put the game down a while back and now unearthed this topic, heh)
---
#8radblastPosted 2/26/2008 8:43:19 PM
Just try to dodge his fireballs, jump up onto a nearby pillar, jump and slash him, then run around, preparing for the next set of fireballs. Avoid direct hits with Jaquio, for those do the worst damage!
#9Diamond_DragonPosted 3/8/2008 12:50:12 AM
Yeah, that's pretty much it. I'd say start off just trying to dodge the fireballs. Don't worry about attacking for now. After you get the pattern down, try to get it so you can jump behind him to attack, i.e. if he's moving left, hit him from the right side. That just helps to avoid getting hit directly by him (3 damage). Fireballs only do 1 damage.

Any luck so far?
#10El Jedi FuertePosted 3/25/2008 5:38:38 PM
Eh... I put it down a while back. Could be years before I ever pick it up again. I was hoping to actually complete this one so that I could take on the next installment. Ninja Gaiden II is actually the first one I ever played, so it'll be nice to get back to my roots... again...
---