My quest of beating JRPGs in chronological order with no help (Final Stats)

#1BasesLoadedWalkPosted 6/20/2012 5:57:11 PM
I've recently started on a journey of attempting to beat all JRPGs in chronological order starting with Dragonstomper for Atari 2600 and ending with the most recent JRPG that has been released. Obviously I'll never finish but I think it'll be fun to see how far I get.

I hate using strategy guides or getting tips from others. Therefore, if I am stuck to the point where it's frustrating me and making me not want to play anymore I will look at a FAQ but then restart my entire game. I only allow myself to overcome one "obstacle" per strategy guide peek and therefore may end up restarting games multiple times. I feel like that's a fair price to pay for "cheating."

After I beat each game I will post my final game stats (with my final armor) on the respective gamefaqs message board page. Remember, 99% of these games I've never even played before so if my levels are ridiculously high that's because it took me forever to figure out what to do next.

Feel free to post any comments/questions regarding my quest or my play-through of this game.

Phantasy Star:
Alis Lv. 24,
Att 96, Def 144, HP 204, MP 28

Myau Lv. 24
Att 110, Def 182, HP 202, MP 49

Odin Lv. 25
Att 92, Def 164, HP 187, MP 0

Noah Lv. 23
Att 76, Def 121, HP 172, MP 76

JRPGs beaten: 5
---
ThE pOsTeR fOrMaLlY kNoWn As OfFsPrInGkId102388
#2WingEyePosted 6/22/2012 9:47:22 AM
Congratulations :) those levels seem about right where my average play through is.
Good luck on your quest ;)
---
Check out my Phantasy Star parody comic
http://www.drunkduck.com/Phantasy_Star_Replay
#3Kin Korn KarnPosted 6/22/2012 5:49:17 PM
Wow, that's quite a task.

Where can we follow your progress?
---
Ye read, ye move.
#4TheRealBlues2Posted 6/22/2012 7:55:11 PM
I don't think it's cheating to look at a FAQ. Castlevania II: Simon's Quest, was technically unbeatable without using a FAQ, since the in-game hints were falsely translated and provide the player with false information.
#5Kin Korn KarnPosted 7/8/2012 7:25:04 PM
TheRealBlues2 posted...
I don't think it's cheating to look at a FAQ. Castlevania II: Simon's Quest, was technically unbeatable without using a FAQ, since the in-game hints were falsely translated and provide the player with false information.

I don't recall simon's quest being a problem. Beat it many times back when was originally released.
---
Ye read, ye move.
#6SchmemanPosted 7/12/2012 3:32:13 AM
I don't think it's healthy to punish yourself like that but whatever. I just hope you're actually enjoying yourself while playing these games. Best of luck.
---
Alex