How in gods name do you beat snow barrel blast?

#1Harvest4Posted 6/24/2008 8:16:53 AM
Back when DK country first came out I used to love playing this game. But I could never get past snow barrel blast. Well I think I did once but I lost my lives soon after.

Now many years later I decided to plug in my old snes and give some of these games a try...ugh...the level is just as hard as it was then.

The level is just too damn long with those stupid barrels! Is there some sort of shortcut or trick to it? I can usually get pretty far in on the barrels but eventually there are just too many barrels and I am bound to screw up sometime.
---
There is one kind of robber whom the law does not strike at, and who steals what is most precious to men: time.
-Napoleon
#2KaptainKaos1111Posted 6/24/2008 5:50:49 PM
I don't know where exactly this was in the level, but I remember missing a barrel and hitting a secret one way below the screen that launched me through the entire second half of the level.

Other than that yeah it was a pretty hard level. Just be sure to have the timing right with the barrel blasts and you will get through with some time and practice.
#3Final Fantasy2389Posted 6/29/2008 9:21:19 PM
I was doing this level just last saturday and seriously it took me like 20 minutes to beat. I felt like such a failure. >_<
---
www.pottergames.tk
Ps2 alive = Weak Wii port ~ Me during The Speed Gamers Zelda marathon
#4EmeraldPosted 7/19/2008 8:19:04 PM
There is a shortcut near the end, that lets you skip a totally hard part. I can try to explain where it's at.

You will be in one barrel, then you must shoot diagonally down/right to another barrel, then up/right to another, such as in a V shape.

When you get in that 2nd barrel (the bottom of the V shape), instead of shooting up/right to the next barrle, instead shoot straight down. You should land in a secret barrel that will skip you right to the end.

Sorry if my instructions aren't clear enough, or if they are completey wrong. It's been awhile since I've played, but I'm about 90% sure this is right.
---
Nod your head to this!
311's got the boom yo!
#5JLukasPosted 7/21/2008 4:53:46 AM
I was doing this level just last saturday and seriously it took me like 20 minutes to beat. I felt like such a failure. >_<

You're not alone, I had a lot of difficulty finishing that level, too.

---
#6castrejon04Posted 7/22/2008 7:50:29 PM
I can do it with no shorcuts and without breaking a sweat. I played this game the very day it came out.

---
"Don't let it end like this...Tell them I said something." Pancho Villa
#7CellpwnPosted 7/25/2008 1:13:01 PM
Yeah, me and my brother we taking turns doing levels the other day and I lost about ten lives. I was getting towards the end and I was about to shout "No!" but I manged to land in the short cut. That was a relief...
#8noviBouquetsPosted 8/2/2008 3:30:38 PM
I was playing this at a friend's house because we were bored. We lost about 15 lives on that level.
---
inb4mynamegetsflamed
Yeah. You BUILD that ****in' Driveway!
#9castrejon04Posted 8/11/2008 4:06:40 PM
Back on Christmas Eve of 1994, my brother and I took turns playing this level and we spent several hours that day trying to pass it until my cousin came over and he was the one that discover that shortcut on that very faithful day.

---
"Don't let it end like this...Tell them I said something." Pancho Villa
#10r0xm2nPosted 8/23/2008 3:42:06 AM
Man, I must've lost about 50 something lives, because I didn't know exactly where the shortcut was.

For the record, shortcut is, shoot directly downwards in the 3rd barrel. Gets you the missing G letter in the process...