Sword of Kings

#11PSIcho24816Posted 1/18/2011 11:54:58 PM
I just got it after playing for about an hour or so, then the next one I fought gave me another
#12Mother3LucasPosted 1/23/2011 6:00:30 PM
Ok so I've been playing for about three and a half hours now trying to get the sword of kings. Ness has the Casey Bat equipped, and I have leveled up Ness, Paula, Jeff, and Poo all from below 60 to 91, 87, 86, and 81, respectively. I haven't had to fight in a battle for about an hour because everything runs away from me and I have battled over 200 Starman Supers (I started tallying after about 45 minutes). I don't really want to use a cheat code, so does anyone know how to increase my chances???
#13BLAHMASTERPosted 1/24/2011 6:33:46 AM
Not really improving your odds, but more saving you time: get ride of the Casey Bat, it misses too much.

Other than that... keep trying!
---
It doesn't have to make sense.
#14Mother3LucasPosted 1/24/2011 10:18:01 AM
I've read several places that the Casey Bat slightly improves your chances of getting the sword of kings. Also, I rarely have to battle anything because I always get that green circle and I automatically get the win without battling anything. :/ oh well. I might just use the cheat since odds are that I should have gotten it a while ago.
#15BLAHMASTERPosted 1/24/2011 1:51:18 PM
The Casey Bat improving your odds is most likely bunk, but if you are autowinning battles anyway, I suppose it couldn't hurt.
---
It doesn't have to make sense.
#16MasterKnight75Posted 1/30/2011 11:51:40 PM
You know what's amazing(ly stupid)? The Sword of Kings provides only 30 to Kai's Offense. (I'm using an alternate default name, although the Unfortunate Name probably may as well be appropriate when you consider how less than stellar he is.) WHY? Most characters have a standard Offense of 80+ from their endgame weapons. It says something when Kai's Offense takes a while just to beat PAULA'S. Sure Kai's Offense growth is unmatched by the others, but you can have everybody outfitted with 50+ Offense weapons before setting foot in Summers. Kai is consequently stuck being a PSI user for the most part, and he can't do PSI besides Magnet every turn because his IQ being the lowest in the team resuls in him having worrisome PP.

To his credit, he does get both offensive and healing PSI. But otherwise, his net stats are rather lackluster, even without being underleveled for when you get him, which doesn't help. And his only weapon provides lousy Offense for all the trouble needed to get it. WHAT?