Too late to get Sword of Kings?

#1Dylan1CCPosted 3/24/2013 1:32:04 PM
This is my first playthrough of this amazing game. Been trying to avoid spoilers, so a few days ago I beat the Stonehenge base and just now found out that the Starman Supers drop the Sword of Kings. So am I right that I messed up by beating Starman DX too soon an outside of cheating there's no way now to legitimately get it outside of playing through the game again?
#2LvthnPosted 3/24/2013 2:56:00 PM
Yes, once Starman DX is killed it's impossible to get the Sword of Kings.

Wouldn't worry about it, it's not that important of an item and a lot of people really, really hate grinding for it.
#3Dylan1CC(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 4:39:15 PM
Darn, oh well, that's what I get for neglecting to have a backup file. No big deal, I'll just remember to try and get it next time (which I hope will be on my Wii U gamepad).
#4Eddie___DeanPosted 3/25/2013 1:34:55 PM
The time you spend grinding for it is never worth getting it- by that point you will be so overpowered and the stat bonus from the sword will be pretty insignificant. Its more of just a bragging right for die-hard Earthbound fans to say they got the Sword of Kings (or the Gutsy Bat, which has similarly ridiculous requirements).

And as much as I wish they would re-release this for WiiU I don't think it'll ever happen =/
#5Absolute23Posted 3/25/2013 7:54:28 PM
Its one of the reasons as to WHY this sword is so infamous. It gives poo a +30 to offense and I don't know what else.

Each character's ultimate weapon is a 1/128 random drop. I say Ultimate based on the weapons benefit to the character instead ofjust its attack power. For instance, Ness's horribly infamous Gutsy bat is his third strongest weapon but it gives a huge boost in guts so essentiall almost every attack is a SMASH attack and hits harder. The Casey bat, which has the best strength, has horrible hit rate so you miss more than 50% of the time.

Once you beat the boss, you lose the chance to get Poo's sword. As long as you don't enter the final dungeon, you can get Paula and Jeff's best weapons any time. For Ness, it comes after a point of no return so you loss access to the rest of the game.
#6LvthnPosted 3/25/2013 8:23:29 PM
Gutsy Bat is the most useless of all the drops. There are no fights after you can get it where physicals are even relevant.
#7Eddie___DeanPosted 4/3/2013 11:45:59 AM
^Yeah Gutsy bat is even more hardcore than the Sword of Kings. It requires even more intense grinding and is basically completely useless by the point you get it.