Sword of Kings

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. EarthBound
  3. Sword of Kings
3 years ago#1
Have you ever gotten the Sword of Kings? - Results (53 votes)
Yes
71.7% (38 votes)
No
28.3% (15 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Got it for the first time today. Granted this is my first playthrough where I've tried to get it.
Official Roof Fiddler and Maestro of the NDF
3DS FC: 0516-7288-9163 Handle: Brandon
3 years ago#2
Yeah, I generally grind for the sword every time I play through the game.

Funny story though: In my last playthrough, I was so burnt out on spending hours in Stonehenge Base that I actually gave up and continued on without it. I never thought I'd ever do that but alas. Sometimes it just gets to a point where it's just...not..worth the trouble, if that makes sense.

I could never imagine soft-resetting for a shiny in Pokemon. 1/8192 chance is WAAAAY worse odds than 1/128.
3 years ago#3
Oh, I get it every time. I just can't deal with the thought of having an empty equipment slot.
Now if there were a different weapon for Poo, even just a +10 (and the Sword was +40, base Offense lowered to compensate), then I probably wouldn't bother.
--I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.
3 years ago#4
Shadowman621 posted...
Have you ever gotten the Sword of Kings?

heheheh
What do you think?
3 years ago#5
Starman_Super posted...
Shadowman621 posted...
Have you ever gotten the Sword of Kings?

heheheh
What do you think?

Well in your case, the question will be: Have you ever given up the Sword of Kings?
Official Roof Fiddler and Maestro of the NDF
3DS FC: 0516-7288-9163 Handle: Brandon
3 years ago#6
Nope. I've never really tried, though. I've been meaning to, one of these times, I'll get it.

It's just not worth it. I never Bash with Poo anyway, just use him for PSI stuff.
Challenge Mode scores: 230, 300, 249, 100, 299(perfect!) Overall: 1178
All the info is there, except the info that isn't there.
3 years ago#7
Shadowman621 posted...

Well in your case, the question will be: Have you ever given up the Sword of Kings?

Let's just say I've been revived a few times...
3 years ago#8
The back of my mind says the Sword of Kings is mandatory to beat the game. Poo needs to be fully equipped.
3 years ago#9
I've gotten it a few times. The first time, it was almost by accident. Most of the time i just did a little grinding and it turned up. Last time, i did so much grinding that i wound up overleveled and still didn't get it. On my current play through, i didn't even bother trying and i don't miss it. He mostly just heals or uses starstorm anyway.
Am I allowed to swear yet?
3 years ago#10
Sword of Kings and the Gaia Beam are two weapons I always get. Usually I wait until after Magicant to get the beam.
You're awfully kind taking time out of your day to read this signature. This signature loves you!
  1. Boards
  2. EarthBound
  3. Sword of Kings

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived