Samurai

#1AzshaladePosted 7/30/2010 10:23:42 PM
So is there any reason to not use a samurai? Sword toss does 4500 damage to monsters. I dunno about bosses, though.

Just wondering if anyone else had an opinion.
#2Azshalade(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2010 10:27:26 PM
The reason I'm asking is because it seems too good to be true.
#3lastelixerPosted 7/30/2010 11:07:05 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4lastelixerPosted 7/30/2010 11:07:37 PM
You do mean gil toss or $toss? This is literally throwing away your money. You shouldn't use this frequently unless you're at the end of the game and have no more use for money.
---
it's supposed to be elixir
#5Azshalade(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2010 6:57:55 PM
Oh...derp. Ok. I assumed it was sword toss cause of the samurai and I'm stupid and didn't see the $ sign. Thanks.
#6lastelixerPosted 8/1/2010 10:29:31 AM
You're not stupid.
---
it's supposed to be elixir
#7BassForeverPosted 8/8/2010 10:57:18 AM
Samurai is an end game class to just spam gil toss. I would not recommend it for the main portion of the game.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#8LetumPosted 8/14/2010 2:19:06 AM
Samurai is a great job even if you're not using Gil Toss.
#9LetumPosted 8/24/2010 12:15:56 PM
Bored so I'm going to expand on that a bit:

I usually prefer Samurai over Knight. Early on you can grab an Ashura which is the best weapon you can have at this point (note, this is on my advance playthrough, I used an unlock all jobs cheat so I don't remember exactly when you get Samurai).

Knight gets Two-Handed, however it requires a lot of ABP early on, while Samurai always get a crit bonus with their katanas. They have a huge evade rating and can use heavy armor. Gil Toss as mentioned above, is awesome for rofflestomping anything. Sword Slap is like a regular attack with a chance of paralyzing, and can cancel out unwanted affects like Chicken Knife's Flee. And later on Slash is uber for just ending fights in one command in certain areas (Phoenix Tower, etc). Generally you'll do just slightly less damage than a Knight, but you are more defensive, and get all the fun Samurai toys.

When you master it I -think- the evade bonus transfers to Freelancer, could be wrong there.
#10kingbob808Posted 8/27/2010 8:27:07 AM
I totally did the same thing the first time I played through with gil toss. I was like, "GAMEBREAKA!"

And then I had no money.
---
FFVI > FFX > FFIV > FFV > FFVII > FFVIII > FFT > FFI > FFXIII > FFIX > FFIII > FFXII > FFII