Waiting on collecting treasure

#1TimDaytonPosted 5/18/2012 7:34:32 AM
First time playing this in, oh, let's say 10 years (give or take). I think there are certain treasure chests in the game where, if you leave them in world 1 (or 2?) they end up being stronger weapons in world 2 (or 3?), is that true or am I thinking of FF6? And if it is true, where are these treasure chests located?
#2silktailPosted 5/18/2012 4:38:06 PM
I think there are certain treasure chests in the game where, if you leave them in world 1 (or 2?) they end up being stronger weapons in world 2 (or 3?), is that true or am I thinking of FF6?

That does happen in FF6, but there aren't any chests like that in FF5.

However there are some chests whose contents will be stolen, if you do a certain event in an earlier world.
Plus a chest with a shield which changes to a different shield, if you leave it until after a certain event in the dungeon (they are both good shields though).
---
#3WhPlaguePosted 5/21/2012 7:45:06 PM
Personally I tend to prefer the Aegis Shield over the Flame shield because:

1) Aegis shields have a very useful hidden magic evasion stat, works similar to Elven Mantle's physical evasion
2) Flame rings exist, and you can get several of them in World 2, let alone be able to buy in World 3
3) You'll get one Flame shield in Ex Death's castle anyway
4) You can steal Flame Shields in quite a few places in World 3, including Fork Tower.
#4silktailPosted 5/22/2012 8:48:26 PM
Personally I tend to prefer the Aegis Shield over the Flame shield because:

Oh, I like to take the Aegis shield myself too.
But it should be noted that straight after getting it, you come across a boss fight where some Fire3 spells could be heading you way. (You have pass it to reach those above items.)
---