Are there any similar PC games as Gemfire?

#1AjoraFlamePosted 5/6/2008 5:19:38 PM
Hi people. I'm surprised this board is still active. I loved this game years ago when I'm playing with SNES games.

Just wondering if there are any other PC games which have similar gameplay as Gemfire which allows the player to plan, move troops, manage assets, ally, create trouble for enemies, etc. then conquer province by province. The battle part could be different though.
---
Time for a new sig...
#2CelesAurivernPosted 5/6/2008 7:18:58 PM
Most of the early Koei games like RTK, nobunaga's, genghis khan, suikoden etc...
---
Zeon Herzogtum Korps
#3AjoraFlame(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2008 10:13:57 PM
Genghis Khan looks like a nice one. But isn't Suikoden a RPG?
---
Time for a new sig...
#4CelesAurivernPosted 5/6/2008 11:46:30 PM
No Suikoden is a warsim.
---
Zeon Herzogtum Korps
#5kawaiifanPosted 5/18/2008 1:58:41 AM
Welcome Terry Power *waves hello* ^.^/
and thank you NagaharuJin for the suggestions.

I agree that the other classic Koei games are both similar and great ^.^
Genghis Khan series, Liberty or Death, Nobunaga's Ambition series, Romance of the Three Kingdoms series, and more.
If you like classic Koei games, please also try their Pacific Theatre of Operations series and Uncharted Waters series, which are a little different in style, but are likewise excellent games.

Outside of Koei, I've also heard good things about a series called Europa Universalis. Especially EU 2; also 3, but apparently 3 has much more stringent system requirements.

Have fun ^.^

---
kawaiifan, happy to be back on her old account ^.^
#6dorafansPosted 5/19/2008 6:15:18 AM

This game is very similar to Gemfire, also Imagination Series:

Celtic Tales: Balor of Evil Eye

http://www.the-underdogs.info/game.php?id=185

Blind-visibilty is introduced over a map with about 30 provinces like a copy of Ishmeria. The storyline is also Gemfire style. You have much more vassals to recruit and control. There are more random events than you can imagine in Gemfire. However, the gameplay is 10 times more complicated than Gemfire and its musics are unattractive. Worse, it's buggy and may crash from time to time even though it's officially released by KOEI.

Worths a try if you're so eager to look for an official Gemfire-like sequel to Gemfire, with complexity like San6 and Nobunaga7.

#7kawaiifanPosted 5/30/2008 1:49:50 AM
Thank you dorafans ^.^
I hadn't known about this one until your post. I'll look for it!

---
#8kawaiifanPosted 6/10/2008 1:49:11 AM
*visits and saves* ^.^

---
#9kawaiifanPosted 6/21/2008 1:47:29 AM
*fends off the purge* ^.^;;

---
#10kawaiifanPosted 7/2/2008 1:50:21 AM
Saving ^.^;;