---
The Threads of Happiness is Weaved by a Canon
Firtenrosa-Quatensa
#22kawaiifanPosted 3/6/2009 3:57:38 AMmessage detail
*bakes cookies, and shares* OO<(^.^<)

---
kawaiifan misses her gfaqs9 ;.;
#23FelurFalas(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2009 10:41:33 AMmessage detail
mmm. I love your cookies! just as much as I love hiring Wyverns now.
---
The Threads of Happiness is Weaved by a Canon
Firtenrosa-Quatensa
#24TiconderaPosted 3/8/2009 9:42:59 PMmessage detail
I always cringe when the turn passes after i hire warriors.. although they seems to like that Eadric, maybe lucky but they didn't abandon me, i was able to seriously kill old essy' before they left. (attacking everymonth), not much troops + warriors = fences ftw.

then again once you get the crown its gg.

Generally speaking fachan owns house. and i can't help but laugh when he's moving.
*waddles arm in middle of chest*

Lizards = worse than Fancis and Lenne's love child.
#25SeyalPosted 3/8/2009 10:22:24 PMmessage detail
I don't do much hiring either.

About the only time I do is if it's Warriors, etc. Otherwise, I'll just wait for Pastha's until I get a gem and meanwhile bulid my army ASAP. (I usually play as Gweyn Tordin - so no gem, fame, or good generals)

---
And then, we do stuff like, "Persona!" with our Personas and beat the crap outta Shadows... - Yukiko
#26Waffen8888Posted 3/11/2009 12:08:09 PMmessage detail
Gweyn is fun. Surviving at first can be a little tricky, but once you get going your nigh unstoppable. I make sure to take out Eselred first and get the crown hehe. After that it's all down hill.
---
"Now there's a face to break a few thousand mirrors!" - Shirox from Dragon Force
#27nakkanoodlePosted 3/24/2009 2:49:55 AMmessage detail
Thank you everyone for the Gemfire tips! *offers hugs* <(^.^<)

I always cringe when the turn passes after i hire warriors..

So do I -- it seems that I can't get them to stay, until I reach the point in the game where I don't need them anymore ;.;

---
kawaiifan on a donated account ^.^
#28TiconderaPosted 3/24/2009 8:23:43 PMmessage detail
Hiring merc's does make for a slower game if you plan on a "computer" mentality
(every province needs a 5th! even the ones that have no border!)

Olg-hai does look neat, Gargoyles are a great way to upset opponents early.

I'm a fan of "leveling the field" and making the grand family split, one in each province about 500 - 600 troops before the split + a merc, I may have the crown and gems (not being used) so its all 5th unit hires all the time. It spices the game up that extra little bit i like.

Although I do feel bad for the provinces stuck with only a bugbear before the split happens.

(when this is done while Anslem is alive i find he has the best "stats / province built" even if everyone started as equal as possible.)
---
This Message has been brought to you by Viking All Beef Cola!
#29TiconderaPosted 3/27/2009 5:12:10 PMmessage detail
Something weird happened last night i've never seen.

Scenerio 3: Owen [war88] vs Eselred [war46]-(himself) battling over province 21

I had hired Shooters and decimated a sad army, however Eselreds archers decided to make a retaliation, 8 archers frontal assault on 150 shooters. damage = 0

never before have i seen archers attack for 0, heck i've seen 3 archers do 2 damage to more men (usually knights), and i've seen footmen deal 0 damage, but never archers.

---
This Message has been brought to you by Viking All Beef Cola!
#30nakkanoodlePosted 4/13/2009 2:41:52 AMmessage detail
Welcome Ticondera! *huggles* <(^.^<)

never before have i seen archers attack for 0, heck i've seen 3 archers do 2 damage to more men (usually knights), and i've seen footmen deal 0 damage, but never archers.

Eek ^.^;;
I wonder if this was due to the difference in war ability, the frontal assault, the target being a fifth unit, that fifth unit being Shooters, the Shooters being numerous, or some combination of these ... or just one of those random occurrences?

---
kawaiifan on a donated account ^.^