Comprehensive ROM editing thread...?

#1InsuranceScamPosted 3/13/2010 5:18:51 PM
Hey guys, it's been a while. :)

I started messing around with the ROM a few days ago for the first time in a really long time. If anyone remembers my offsets post, I haven't really done much more than what I initially figured out about a year ago. I remember somebody since then (forgot the name) posted the offset data for troops, which was really useful, and was hoping there were other lurkers out there who could provide their discoveries (if any). :)

The only thing I checked since then was something (forgot who again) somebody posted here ages ago, and that's if anything your wife says when your child is 10 years or less has anything to do with the stats they'll wind up having. The answer is yes, and no. YES, that she hints at what the future generals strong points will be, but NO, the amount of times she says "xxx .... is such a xxx boy" has no impact on the stats as they're all predetermined since birth. I checked this by editing one of the sons in scenario one, and giving them Es in every stat except one A, forcing the wife to say "xxx is such a xxx boy." The results were:

"Knowledgeable" = High Politics.
"Mischievous" = High War.
"Charming" = High Charm.
"Sharp" = High Lead.

I imagine for her to say that, it could be an A or B, but I only checked A.
#2InsuranceScam(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2010 9:53:53 PM
eh heh.

This is pretty much the culmination of all I've done lately:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b67/orangerhymeswithsyringe/david.png
#3ImportBMWRacerPosted 3/25/2010 4:53:51 PM

amazing....I will havve to try this.

#4kawaiifanPosted 4/15/2010 2:55:32 AM
Welcome back InsuranceScam, and hi ImportBMWRacer *waves hello* ^.^/
and thank you for this find!

---
kawaiifan misses her gfaqs9 ;.;
#5kawaiifanPosted 5/6/2010 2:42:54 AM