Son's Stats

#1eboats2Posted 1/2/2012 8:36:49 AM
One of the guides states that spending time with you family does not increase the statistics of your son. I haven't played this game in years, but I always thought there was a commentary from your wife for each stat, and the more times you got it to pop up by spending time with her the better chances your son's stats would be. Ex: "John is such a smart boy".

Are your son's stats/body randomly generated at birth, or can they be influenced growing up by spending time with the family? What concrete evidence is there to support either theory?
#2lserhPosted 1/4/2012 1:55:17 AM
Previously, by using savestates on an emulator, I have tested and found that the children's stats are determined at birth. The commentary from the wife is just stating that your child is good at something i.e. either a B or A in that stat. Spending time with the family doesn't increase the child's stats at all, ever.

Also, I don't have concrete proof of this, but from testing, the upper limit of the child's random stats seem to be "one step up" from the parents. E.g. you have a C in WAR, your child can have B, C, D or E but not A.

Body Points is randomly determined when the child is appointed a General.
---
X-Men Legends 2 patch and mod (PC) http://xml2.livejournal.com
Now playing Gemfire (Gen), Morrowind (PC)
#3eboats2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2012 8:16:43 AM
I believe I have had kids with Richard with C in politics, but it has been several years since I have last played with him.

If body points are randomly assigned when you promote them to general you can continue to reset until you get 15 then? I will have to try that out.

Don't have an SNES for my old copy in my game bin, but the game is available for download on the Wii Channel, so as soon as I beat scenario 1 again I will play the good ones. I think I am going to go with Philip.
#4kawaiifanPosted 1/25/2012 2:54:21 AM
Hi eboats2 and lserh ^.^
and thank you for the tips! This helps me with an old question of mine.
---
kawaiifan misses her gfaqs9 ;.;