Do you recommend buying potions before entering Ganon's Tower?

#11nm14(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2012 11:46:43 AM
I meant I beat Ganon's Tower without a magic potion. Sorry :)
---
Currently Playing: Pokemon Blue (GB) and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (PC)
#12VeghEstherPosted 3/21/2012 9:40:32 AM
Blue/Green x4 only I still ran out of MP easily and stil had half of the area left.
#13TriforceSDPosted 3/21/2012 4:08:32 PM
Fairies being free and plentiful is never a bad thing, but there are times---especially if you are not a seasoned Zelda player----where a potion is just better and more helpful.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I always have trouble GETTING RID of my rupees. There are at least five locations where you can obtain 300 rupees.

Light world-----> Hyrule Castle basement via the NW tombstone in the cemetary. Another is in southern hyrule a few screens right of the place where you can drain the water (for a piece of heart).

Dark World----> Two are right in the village of outcasts. Another is in a cave due south of the Bomb Shop (I could be wrong, but it is in a cave somewhere around the central regin.

Also, just fight enemies that always cough up rupees. Before you know it, you will have 100 or maybe 200 rupees this way alone.

Another good place to really rack up on rupees is the digging game. Again, am I the only one that seems to cash out and make about 50-100 rupees ON TOP of the entrance fee? Unless I don't already have fairies in bottles, this is what i usually keep on hand when possible.

2 Blue Potions
1 Red Potion
1 Green Potion

Soon as you use one or two in Ganon's tower or wherever, replace the bottles with fairies. Trust me, getting rupees is so quick...so make liberal use of potions.
---
The charred Gameboy that survived through it all!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBeTXPaewMo
#14assassin17Posted 3/21/2012 7:55:57 PM
Another good place to really rack up on rupees is the digging game. Again, am I the only one that seems to cash out and make about 50-100 rupees ON TOP of the entrance fee?

just tried, and it's only like 20-40 for me. can you try it again, see how many you make, and give me some tips?
---
"Attacks are the best attack." -- RedDemon's strategy for the 2nd to last boss in FF3us -- http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/file/final_fantasy_iii_boss.txt
#15SilverhermitPosted 3/22/2012 6:15:43 PM(edited)
I agree..... the game does make it criminally easy to rack up rupees....

Apart from buying the flippers, the cash for 'kiki the monkey' and buying the 'super bomb'..... is it actually necessary to spend any cash?

There are probably other instances, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.....
---
I Like Your Style Gnome
#16BlairPosted 3/22/2012 7:56:45 PM
That's all the rupees you're going to need. Even the super bomb is something I never bothered to buy the last couple of times I played through LttP.
---
xfdsharks
#17VeghEstherPosted 3/23/2012 9:16:56 AM
As for the super bomb its required for the silver arrows and I believe Ganon end of game can't even be killed without using the silver arrows at all.
#18kratos9797Posted 3/23/2012 10:00:48 AM
Silverhermit posted...

Apart from buying the flippers, the cash for 'kiki the monkey' and buying the 'super bomb'..... is it actually necessary to spend any cash?

There are probably other instances, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.....

Though it's not necessary you also have the option of upgrading your arrow/bomb capacity by tossing in rupees at the pond of fortune or whatever it's called there in the middle of Lake Hylia.
---
Kratos9797, Official leader of the Shieka Shadow Corp and member of the Knights of Safe Haven.
#19BlairPosted 3/23/2012 9:44:05 PM
VeghEsther posted...
As for the super bomb its required for the silver arrows and I believe Ganon end of game can't even be killed without using the silver arrows at all.

Just going by the post directly above you, it seems that he can.

I suppose there is no mandatory rupee spending at all in this game if you want to use glitches, but I wouldn't consider beating Ganon with your sword a glitch.
---
xfdsharks
#20BlairPosted 3/23/2012 9:47:50 PM
kratos9797 posted...
Silverhermit posted...

Though it's not necessary you also have the option of upgrading your arrow/bomb capacity by tossing in rupees at the pond of fortune or whatever it's called there in the middle of Lake Hylia.

Yeah that helps keeping your rupees from maxing out. For a bit, anyway. I still wish the game actually gave you reason to collect rupees though. The shooting gallery is actually a pretty good mini game but there's seldom any reason to play it.
---
xfdsharks