Getting the teams you want from Warren!

#1lostminstrelPosted 6/17/2008 5:47:20 PM
I'm not sure if this is in the faqs (it certainly wasn't in the one I read), but I finally figured out how to get the teams you want from Warren. Just thought I'd share. Oh yea. I've only semi-tested this out, but it seems to be working each time now!

Everyone knows that to get the Lord you want, you answer Warren's questions in a certain way. This also gets you the predetermined teams 4-6 for your Lord type. Teams 7-9 are based on these answers too though! They are not random! This is especially handy for getting the "team 8" (another Lord types "team 5") that you want.

Team 5s:
Icecloud (Samurai, 2 beastmen, 2 fighters)
Ianuiki (Valkyrie, Cleric, 2 fighters)
Thunder (Dollmaster, 2 wizards, golom - I think, but it could be a Hellhound, but I forget)
Phamtom (Witch, 2 clerics, golom)

Example: You answer Warren's questions such that the Ianuiki Lord was heavily favoured, followed by the Icecloud Lord, then the Lightning Lord, then the Phantom Lord. You will then get the Ianuiki Lord's team 4-6, which are always the same. Team 8 will be the Icecloud Lord's "team 5". I am still trying to figure out Teams 7 and 9, but they always seem to be the same. All that changes is the leader (with this Lord type: Beastman, Cleric, Wizard - you only get two of those three).

Knowing this, you can now deliberately answer certain questions in a certain way to get the "team 8" you want. Be careful. Sometimes, doing this gets you the other Lord type because you answered too many questions favouring it by mistake. Personally, I like to answer most questions favouring the Ianuiki Lord, then answer one or two favouring the Phantom Lord to get the Witch (aka future Princess) and two clerics team.
#2brian sulpher(Moderator)Posted 6/18/2008 2:34:33 AM
If you get it all figured out (points range for answers and such), let us know. Pretty interesting.
---
77 FAQs for games never covered at www.GameFAQs.com.
Redemption is only three fights away
#3lostminstrel(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2008 5:49:13 PM
The points for each answer have already been figured out. The Ogre Battle Page for Vampyres has a good break down of it.

Here's a link:
http://www.geocities.com/xesmeraude/beginning.html

Actually, this info was originally posted here on this forum, but was lost. Anyway....

Using that info, you can pick your Lord-type with your answers, AND pick what "team 8" you get by making sure that the Lord-type that has the "team 5" you want has the second most points. I listed each Lord's "team 5" in the first post.

One other thing. Unless you can recognise a "Tarot card sequence" (yep, there are set sequences that occur, it is not "random"), you don't know what cards will come up. This make it hard to pick answers, since some answers favour two Lord-types more than the others. You could accidently change your Lord-type in the process, or the "team 8" you get.

Ties go to the Ianuiki Lord, then Phantom, then Icecloud, then Thunder. That works out great for me, since I prefer to have the Ianuiki Lord with the Phantom Lord's "team 5" as my "team 8". All I need to do is make sure the Ianuiki and Phantom Lord are tied with the most, or make sure the Ianuiki Lord has the most, and there is a 3 way tie for second (since the Phantom Lord wins the tie).
#4joseph_swPosted 6/19/2008 8:22:02 AM
007E0E31 - Ianuki Score
007E0E32 - Phantom Score
007E0E33 - Icecloud Score
007E0E34 - Thunder Score

you're right changed values from that address (can be done while warren give his defeat speech) will result in diferent recruit for unit 4-9
---
Mwha ha ha ha ha
#5StarryKnightsPosted 6/19/2008 10:31:41 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6StarryKnightsPosted 6/19/2008 10:32:14 PM
Can't get it to work. When is the >exact< moment the code needs to be used?
---
"Lube yourself. This ferret is going in dry, dammit!" ~ Wolfgang
Balljoints and boatlights, and dolls in general. ~ Desuchan
#7joseph_swPosted 6/22/2008 12:57:21 AM
i forgot to say that, memory address are for snes version (sorry, my bad, i don't have psx version)

the game will check the value from that addresses somewhere between:
when it say something like "Congratulation! You liberated VOLZAK" .up-to. when the game ask you to save the game.

for safer result, the code should be activated somewhere before warren finished his speech, and turned off when the game ask to save. (as that memory address could be used by the game for other purpose after that)

so the code for snes version will look like this:
7E0E31##
7E0E32##
7E0E33##
7E0E34##

## the score for "lord type"

hope that helps
---
Mwha ha ha ha ha
#8StarryKnightsPosted 6/22/2008 10:30:11 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9StarryKnightsPosted 6/22/2008 10:33:45 AM
Use of the code DOES offer up slightly different units, but nothing special. Oh well.
---
#10StarryKnightsPosted 6/22/2008 10:33:56 AM
By the by, thanks.
---