Is recruiting Deneb Canon?

#11StarryKnightsPosted 8/23/2011 9:10:27 PM(edited)
It's a minor change. It's not like they renamed a girl named Aeris to Aerith.

Also, Theme of Black Knight is pretty much the best thing I've ever heard in a game.

Ever.

EXCEPT A CLASH OF GIANTS. HOLY CRAP.
---
"If you're going to be a mod, you should work harder to get rid of your humanity. It's creepy." ~ Monker to The Paragon
#12A Novel IdeaPosted 8/24/2011 3:31:08 AM
DragonAtma posted...
Except we already HAVE a translation; much like FF1, CT, and FFT (which, fortunately, came out ONLY for the PSX and definitely NOT for the PSP) we don't need another translation.

there is literally more lines of dialogue/story in the japanese psp game (and by extension, the translated game). the old translation is somewhat dated and completely falls apart at the end (most of the ending dialogue is incomprehensible). also, there's a whole post-game section to the game, like an extra chapter, where you do things like meet a certain sister of a certain character whose name resembles 'octopus,' and where you recruit that guy named after a football player. i mean, there are things in this game that needed to be translated

@starryknights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CEc0kEC-FI
#13Dark RPG Wizard 06Posted 8/24/2011 6:27:35 PM
DragonAtma: I'm inclined to agree with you. I like original translations. But I will give this one some respect, if only because it got other people to play a great game.

(For instance, I will never insist on a new translation name. Also, who the hell is Quass? Or Gilbald for that matter?)
---
*Casts Doom on everything* You all must now feel the pain that I have felt...DIE!
#14A Novel IdeaPosted 8/24/2011 7:14:16 PM
Dark RPG Wizard 06 posted...
DragonAtma: I'm inclined to agree with you. I like original translations. But I will give this one some respect, if only because it got other people to play a great game.

(For instance, I will never insist on a new translation name. Also, who the hell is Quass? Or Gilbald for that matter?)

er, quass is general debonair's first name. it's also been around for a while and is not mentioned in the psp game that i know of.

gilbald = gilbert lol. they changed the name b/c gilbert is bald
#15Dark RPG Wizard 06Posted 8/25/2011 10:53:37 AM
No, his name is Kaus Debonair. I mean, its in this very game.

It was changed in OB64. I don't believe it's particularly cared for either.
---
*Casts Doom on everything* You all must now feel the pain that I have felt...DIE!