Formation help (acquiring tiger's cave)

#1kaeriusPosted 11/22/2009 12:10:24 PM
According to the guides you learn this from nora/mikhail(another alternative I've seen is harrid). I'm playing a sara game and already recruited recruited harrid, recruited and ditched nora, but I never got this formation.

So where do I get it, or am I screwed because I ditched nora without taking her to battle?
#2Dark RPG Wizard 06Posted 11/22/2009 1:07:14 PM
Harid is Desert Lance. So that guide's not right.
---
*Casts Doom on everything* You all must now feel the pain that I have felt...DIE!
#3kaerius(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2009 1:17:13 PM
yeah most say nora and mikhail. Looks like I somehow missed getting it when I got nora though, and can't get mikhail(obviously). I guess she needs to be in active party to get it or something, and she was character #6.

Any way to add it with PAR codes? Or do I need to use an earlier save?(I just tested and did get it with her with an earlier save, but I lose a few hours).
#4midicPosted 11/22/2009 3:23:12 PM
Yes, 7EF321F0 should give you tiger cave, desert lance, and hunter shift, without losing anything.

Set the code, save, clear the code, reset, reload. Yadda yadda.

----

Oh, and the problem is that you actually need to go into combat to learn it. That's when it gets added to your formation list. You don't actually need to use the formation. Going to the formation screen might also do it, I'm not sure...
#5_davidovitch_Posted 11/22/2009 9:44:51 PM
There's must be other characters that give tiger's cave formation. It's hard to miss.
#6Neko_ArlePosted 11/23/2009 7:02:33 AM
The biggest fail here is the fact that ye tossed Nora. Nora's awesome.
---
Our Dark RPG Wizard is actually a Dark RPG Sorceress? KAWAII!! ~ GreatMasterHIM
#7kaerius(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2009 12:02:25 PM
Yes she is... *cracks whip* now back to work on those weapons!
#8PolygonPosted 11/23/2009 12:06:55 PM
I'd be careful about acting dominant toward Nora... let alone bossy.
---
"it was like my sound card just took a crap all over my desk. good job!"
- peer song review, OverLooked Remix http://olremix.org
#9midicPosted 11/23/2009 12:31:15 PM
The problem with Nora is that she gets shoved in your face every single game. Eventually I get tired of her or maybe I want a party with fairy and 3 good magic users or something.
#10_davidovitch_Posted 11/23/2009 1:51:42 PM
I never understood all the Nora love. She's way down on the list of favorites for me. I just don't like her sprite design. And maybe I'm also a little greedy for free weapons and armor :P
I know she's powerful, though; I used her once in a Martial Arts only party (with Harid, Ellen, Fairy and Boston I think :D).
More topics from this board...
Damage Formulas Return!Zach Keene1374/23 5:29PM