A Missables List

#1AlmasNo1FanPosted 9/23/2012 5:21:42 AM
Hello.

Out of boredom I compiled a list of the game's "missables" as there does not seem to be a concrete guide available on the board and Google only brings up speculative topics.

There are some good FAQs out there, but I know (at least for me) I turn to the boards first.

It is an image :) Hope this helps somebody!

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab307/yeahthatboy/Mana_zps797cb828.png
---
http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab307/yeahthatboy/gamefaqsqueens.png
By: ilikeikeilikeik
#2OtaboPosted 9/23/2012 3:44:45 PM
Nice. Although, most of those aren't missable so much as rare. The only real missables on that list are the Griffin Helm, the Dragon Ring, and the Imp's Ring.

Still a good list for those wanting to know what drops what, especially when it comes to the orbs.
---
Everytime you read one of VeghEsther's posts, a kitty is killed. Please - think of the kitties. Put him on ignore for your own sake.
#3AlmasNo1Fan(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2012 8:58:00 PM
Haha, true and thank you. I just remember not even knowing about these until I finally started using GameFAQS.

On a separate rant, I started a new game and am not really leveling and progressively moving along the story because I have a goal of getting all weapons to Lv8:99 and it is quite tedious given the level dependency.

So far I am level 12 and beat the second palace but shoot its quite tedious to have to do that. I am going to have to do a lot of resetting I bet :(
---
http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab307/yeahthatboy/gamefaqsqueens.png
By: ilikeikeilikeik
#4mitsguy2001Posted 9/23/2012 9:52:03 PM
Otabo posted...
Nice. Although, most of those aren't missable so much as rare. The only real missables on that list are the Griffin Helm, the Dragon Ring, and the Imp's Ring.

Still a good list for those wanting to know what drops what, especially when it comes to the orbs.

It's been a while since I played. But I seem to remember that after you complete the Mana Fortress and Pure Land, you can never re-enter those places. So wouldn't any of the items listed in those places be missable? Why only the 3 that you mentioned? Am I misunderstanding something?
#5OtaboPosted 9/24/2012 9:38:50 AM(edited)
It's been a while since I played. But I seem to remember that after you complete the Mana Fortress and Pure Land, you can never re-enter those places.

I assume you meant the Grand Palace and Pure Land, because when you beat the Mana Fortress, you beat the game, though that's obvious, haha. You're right on the fact that you can't re-enter Pureland (not without using a glitch, anyway) though, which brings me to my next point:

So wouldn't any of the items listed in those places be missable? Why only the 3 that you mentioned? Am I misunderstanding something?

I'll break it down like this:

The Grand Palace drops (Guardian Ring, Ninja Gloves, Amulet Helm & Cockatrice Cap) aren't missable because those same enemies can be encountered again in the Mana Fortress. There's at least two Doom Swords there for the Guardian Rings, same with National Scars for Amulet Helms. The Fiend Heads spawn the Dark Stalkers for Ninja Gloves, and there is one or two Basilisks in there as well, so the chance at the Cockatrice Cap is still there. Thus, they aren't missable. Granted why one would go after them at this point is questionable when there's better stuff obtainable in that same place, the fact remains that they are still possible to obtain.

As far as Pure Land drops are concerned, the three I mentioned earlier are indeed missable because, as mentioned, you can't officially return to Pure Land once it's completed, and you can't encounter Griffin Hands, Ice Thugs, nor Ghosts anytime after that. The only exception is the Watcher Ring. After Pureland is completed, Eggplant Men can technically still be encountered via Shape Shifters either in the Mana Fortress or in the cave leading to the Test of Courage in Lofty Mountains. Though, I'm not sure if the enemies are there after completing it in that last place, but I'm positive that there are Shape Shifters in the Mana Fortress, meaning they can still spawn Eggplant Men, meaning you still have access to the Watcher Ring. So it's technically not missable.

Though, if you were to use the glitch to return to Pureland, then you can still get them, but legitly, they're missable.

Hope that helped.
---
Everytime you read one of VeghEsther's posts, a kitty is killed. Please - think of the kitties. Put him on ignore for your own sake.
#6CelesDestinyPosted 9/25/2012 1:19:05 PM
Technically and without using glitches, one of the most ignored missable is the Overalls. If you drop/sell the initial one of the boy and left Potos, you cannot get one again. That is considering the fact that re-entering Potos is not legal.

In my perfect game, I always carry 1 Overalls around :)

Missables:
- Overalls
- Dragon Ring
- Imp's Ring
- Griffin Helm
---
"We'd rule the world if we had the Mana Fortress!"
suikosource.com - Your Source for Suikoden
#7mitsguy2001Posted 9/25/2012 7:52:10 PM
Yes, I did mean the Grand Palace. Sorry.