kevin, god hand vs. death hand

#1monstrePosted 2/19/2009 4:55:46 PM
I was thinking that since the game is bug and critical are almost non-existent, it make the death hand only spell useless. So doesn't that mean that god hand is just better than death hand? Since you should be able to use pressure point of god hand to have the same attack strength that death hand. So unless death hand werewolf form is way stronger than god hand's werewolf, I just don't see any reason to use death hand (or any other class imo) over god hand.
---
Are you an evil genius or a good idiot?
#2PhexarPosted 2/19/2009 8:39:07 PM
Well, Death Hand DOES have a better final weapon than the God Hand, for one (Skull Disect's Battle Power of 21 compared to God Hand's Spiral Claw of 17 Battle Power), and as you've probably noticed he also has 1 more point of Strength (more attack power) and 1 more point of Intelligence (more magic defense) than the God Hand.

Due to Pressure Point, God Hand gets an advantage attack-wise during the day whenever he uses it, but during the night when both are transformed and the Kevin bug inevitably activates due to him getting hit (free Power Up whenever any Kevin gets hit as a Werewolf), the Death Hand then has the attack power advantage due to his better strength and weapon.

As an aside, if you happen to have Light Lise on your team then this can replace Pressure Point's use also, thanks to her having Power Up, and Heal Light is not really needed if you have Carlie or Light Duran (matches okay with Paladin's ST Heal Light though). So if those things are covered for already, Death Hand becomes better for the team, generally. Aura Wave's use depends on if you have a physical team, though if you have a magical team you should probably be using the Warrior Monk anyway.

So it's a toss up between the God Hand and his Heal Light & Aura Wave + Pressure Point use in the day, or the Death Hand's all-around superior attack power and slightly better magic defense.

---
I am the Starlite Sage. My duty is to support, encourage & heal people. I understand much in this world, of it's light & darkness. (Created 6/6/2003)
#3PhexarPosted 2/19/2009 9:11:27 PM
That said, a better argument could be made for Dervish vs Death Hand. Like the God Hand, the Dervish has 1 point less Strength than the Death Hand, but unlike the God Hand, the Dervish has Kevin's strongest weapon (Gigas Glove at 23 Battle Power to the Skull Disect at Battle Power 21) which narrows the gap between their attack powers considerably. The Dervish also has 1 more point of Intelligence over the Death Hand himself, giving him even better Magic Defense.

Though it's a minor point, the Dervish also has 1 more point of Spirit than the Death Hand, giving him slightly greater defense against Light magic too. Not to mention Moon Saber, his key feature.

Note: Death Hand also has slightly better armour than the God Hand too, with the Dervish in turn having slightly better armour than the Death Hand.

---
I am the Starlite Sage. My duty is to support, encourage & heal people. I understand much in this world, of it's light & darkness. (Created 6/6/2003)
#4IronPosted 2/19/2009 10:46:45 PM
So what it boils down to is, are you going to bash some faces in, or bash less face?
---
This post doesn't have enough the pillows in it, and windows 7 is really good.
#5monstre(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2009 6:00:54 AM
I really wish they would just remake this game and fix all the bug. Because of a bug the only spell of death hand is crap, but because of another bug he get power up in werewolf form, lol. Actually my party is Kevin/Angela/Carli. So healing spell are useless to me, but I went thought the game a couple of time, and I always took the death hand, so I might still take god hand just to be a bit different. Thanks
---
#6PhexarPosted 2/20/2009 8:51:51 AM
As another note on that team, you may want to combine him with Carlie as a Necromancer and Angela as an Archmage. Necromancer will boost the damage done for both the physical Kevin and the magical Angela with Black Curse (and throwing one at an enemy Necromancer is almost as fun as silencing them) and reduce the threat of Great Demons later in the Mirage Palace with it too. Archmage has Angela's highest Spirit which gives you the most damage with her Holy Ball/Saint Beam spells for wiping out the Dragon Zombies and Carmilla Queens that fill the Mirage Palace. Kevin can support himself with Pressure Point and Aura Wave, and use his ST Heal Light if necessary.

---
#7monstre(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2009 1:28:53 PM
Yeah I was gonna make Carlie necro. For Angela I was thinking more along the line of rune master, I rarely use magic in normal combat, and I think rune master is the better to kill boss with level 3 spell, of course magus dose more damage with ancient, but it take more time to cats and MP a lot faster.
---
#8PhexarPosted 2/20/2009 8:31:22 PM
The only real problem with Rune Master is the cost of her spells, which is usually why she is partnered with Warrior Monk Kevin or Sword Master Duran, who can provide her with Leaf Saber so she can get MP back without having to rely solely on Magic Walnuts (20 MP restore), so keep a good stockpile of Magic Walnuts with you if you don't have Leaf Saber to use.

Indeed, she is the best boss killer, and Black Curse from Carlie will aid in that. For normal pesky foes, Stone Cloud insta-kills anything that's not immune or absorbs Earth for a cheaper cost than Death Spell, and there's no level requirement on it either.

Magus's Ancient is mostly for amusement purposes and pulling yourself out of a dire situation though; whilst it's extremely strong, it's casting time and cost are very high (at a whopping 12 MP). But she has the highest Int of Angela's classes, and thus her cheap-costing MT Lv1 spells do great damage to groups of foes in general, perfect for softening them up or firing another MT Lv1 spell shot off to finish. Her ST Lv2 spells are good for targeting specific foes and nailing bosses with, as long at you have Stat Ups/Stat Downs to amplify the damage (Black Curse, anyone?). She also has the best defensive equipment of Angela's, and her highest magic defense.

As it is though, I was mainly thinking Arch Mage simply because this is mostly a magical team, with only Kevin pounding out good physical damage, and her highest Spirit means her MT Holy Ball/Saint Beam will do great damage to the pesky Dragon Zombies filling the Mirage Palace, either for killing or at least softening them up for Kevin to finish off. That said, Rune Master still does have her own MT Holy Ball which can be used with a little less effectiveness (Rune Master's 19 Spirit to Arch Mage's 20 Spirit), if you're still set on using her.

---
#9IronPosted 2/21/2009 1:19:27 PM
Having a Rune Master with black curse is almost redundant. I would favor the Magus or Arch Mage in this situation, even though this team should really never exist. It just isn't any fun on in the mirage palace without Saint saber or turn undead.
---
This post doesn't have enough the pillows in it, and windows 7 is really good.
#10monstre(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2009 10:26:12 PM
Well I dont remember the mirage palace and all that, but I know that I often used this kind of party formation before and had no problem killing everything. Like I said I rarely use magic in fight because I feel like it take more time to select and cast them than just killing the enemies without using them. Plus that way I dont have to worry about running out of mana at the boss.

I dont really see how having necro and runemaster in the same party is redundant, I doubt ill use Carlie to attack boss with magic, only use black curse at first to lower boss stat. Carlie is really just there to make sure the other two stay alive at all time, so I can pretty much rush in without worry. This is more a party to kill boss, since enemies can be easily killed using level 3 tech, thats why I like the light kevin so I can use aura wave. If I worried more about normal enemies I'd use: light duran/Lise/Hawkeye, so they could all fare well against normal enemies. But then duran isnt cralie when it come to healing, so for boss fight he ight have to heal more tha once.

On a side note, I'm impress how alive this board is considering the game never came out here. I don't really like how square is just milking their franchise right now, but at least it give me hope that we might see this game finally come here. Although the recent mana game have been crap, so maybe square decided to abandon it...
---