So whatever happened to the fan made Super Mario RPG online?

#1deadpigs101Posted 1/23/2008 3:12:35 PM
I remember a while ago someone was talking about making an online version dedicated to this game, being a whole new adventure, but while using sprites and some level designs from this game. I was just wondering what ever happened to that.
---
"RESIDENT EVIL ... WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII" sorry Parjay but you got cut
Wii FC:7732-4455-9293-6280 Name:deadpigs
#2El Jedi FuertePosted 1/23/2008 7:48:22 PM
*Something clicks in his head*

Oh crap, I remember what you're talking about. I was the stand-in writer for that project. It spanned many pages long and contained several hundred posts. I think the goal was to successfully ad a "Mario's Factory" scenario where you would engage several high-ranking Smithy minions. I don't remember the user who was gonna make the hack. Was it SuperJumper or Samus-Something or another? I'm bad with names around here, it's not really my stomping ground, but since I'm loyal to the game I do my best.

I think whoever was in charge got bored and went on to something else. It happens all the time, resulting in a loss of many of the world's potentially great works of art.
---
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent"
Qui-Gon Jinn, Episode I: The Phantom Menace
#3SuperSaiyanTienPosted 1/23/2008 9:12:31 PM
The original creator was me, IIRC.

At the time... I Was making a FF3 Hard-type hack, and was juggling the two so I chose the one that was easier.

I will be working on my mario one little by little, but I really DO need some help with it..
---
Autolocus (70, Human Warlock, Korialstrasz)
Kel'Tharion (18, Blood Elf Hunter, Korialstrasz)
#4Super SlashPosted 1/23/2008 9:25:15 PM
^You were working on the Drill Bit hack, not the online one. I remember that as well, and I know you weren't the one doing the online one.
---
Current Amount of FAQs: 27 (7689 Total KB)
Current KB FAQ Rank: KB King
#5SuperSaiyanTienPosted 1/23/2008 9:31:08 PM
^You were working on the Drill Bit hack, not the online one. I remember that as well, and I know you weren't the one doing the online one.

Drill Bit hack included Mario's Factory. >.>
---
Autolocus (70, Human Warlock, Korialstrasz)
Kel'Tharion (18, Blood Elf Hunter, Korialstrasz)
#6SyntaxBananaZPosted 1/24/2008 2:34:29 AM
I remember the online thing, it wasn't me but I messed around with the same program they we're going to use: Eclipse. Was too much work and also I didn't feel like oranizing it all XD
---
Powerpuff Girls Z is awesome!! Check it!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powerpuff_Girls_Z
#7El Jedi FuertePosted 2/4/2008 10:25:23 PM
*Unfolds scrap piece of notepad paper*

Yup, offer valid good until death. I'll still write for ya, dude.
---
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent"
Qui-Gon Jinn, Episode I: The Phantom Menace