Getting fireworks...

#1MestophlesPosted 3/5/2008 2:36:28 PM
I'm trying to buy 5 of these for the ending. Ive bought one, but now the guy says he ran out, come back later. How do i get him to make more?
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#2Koopa64Posted 3/5/2008 5:44:13 PM
... Umm...

... The Fireworks are required to eventually get the Shiny Stone, which opens the door in Monstro Town, which in turn allows you to access the Culex fight.

You don't need to buy Fireworks for the ending IIRC... >.>
---
So you ripped off some old lady? Um, congratulations. I'm sure Satan will be very proud of you. - psychic
#3piccolo1104Posted 3/5/2008 6:51:31 PM
The amount of fireworks that you buy in the game determines what shape is displayed by fireworks during the ending. I think it's 1 or 2 for a mushroom, 3 or 4 for a fireflower, and 5 for a star. And I think to buy more fireworks you just need to wait a little while. I'm not sure what that point is, but it shouldn't be too long.
---
'I' before 'E' except after 'C' and whenever the Hell we feel like it because we just like to make things up in English. - nudojudo
#4Mestophles(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2008 7:32:37 PM
Well i dont know what else i can do...i maxed out my levels, played to the end of the Gate, got every accessory, super suit, hidden chest...ive bought two from him, one to get the shiny stone, the other is in my inventory. I tried ditching the sstone (after culex) and it didnt work.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#5Sefir0thPosted 3/5/2008 7:46:28 PM
if you have the shiny stone you need to give to the girl and get the cookie and give to the other girl on top of the bucket to go to the midas river, bla, bla, bla if you already do this and still can't buy it i run out of ideas =)
#6outsider90909Posted 3/5/2008 7:51:51 PM
Fireworks -> Shiny Stone -> Carbo Cookie -> give the Carbo Cookie to the little girl sitting on the bucket.

Then you can buy more Fireworks.
---
Proud owner of a PSWii60 with zero total friends on file.
#7Mestophles(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2008 8:07:54 PM
did the trade, still out of em :(
---
#8Mestophles(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2008 8:09:19 PM
sorry for the double post. If i waste my fireworks, he lets me buy more. I thought i needed 5 in my inventory for it to work?
---
#9UfloridagatorsFPosted 3/5/2008 8:28:01 PM
From Mestophles Posted 3/5/2008 10:09:19 PM #008
sorry for the double post. If i waste my fireworks, he lets me buy more. I thought i needed 5 in my inventory for it to work?

no. you need to have bought 5, not hold 5.
---
http://www.mikehuckabee.com
Mike Huckabee '08~The only candidate worth voting for
#10FloogalPosted 3/5/2008 9:11:16 PM
Yeah, I was confused by this, too. I don't think any guide made it clear that you have to ditch your fireworks to buy more. Still, it's nice that you don't actually have to beat Smithy with 1/6th of your inventory "wasted" to see the best ending.