how do i beat boshi in a race?

#1ZeroJinKuiPosted 9/7/2008 12:58:38 AM
this is annoying... i cant seem to beat him, i try to do it, but yoshi keeps hopping when i press the buttons... is there any strategy at all here?
---
"You think you can just come here and attack us?"
"You must be crazy, or just plain stupid!"-Meng Huo
#2MogKnightAzurePosted 9/7/2008 1:04:24 AM
press A and B alternatively to the beat of the music

don't bother pressing Y to use your cookie boosts.. I found those to be worse than simply running with the beat
---
Anothervictim75 - What's with the regretting being a BElf? Something bad happen?
Bashzog - Yes. It involves a BElf and a hole in a bathroom stall wall.
#3ZeroJinKui(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2008 1:58:23 AM
well i tried pressing A and B to the beat, but no matter how fast or slow i go, no matter which button i press first and second, yoshi just hops in place mostly, occasionally he'll speed up a little but maybe for one second and start hopping again...

this is irritating as hell... such a stupid thing to put in a game.
---
#4MogKnightAzurePosted 9/7/2008 2:06:07 AM
Hm, it's actually really easy... just press A, B, A, B in time with the cymbal notes of the song at the start, and HOLD that beat for the entire song, don't change up the tempo or anything. The cymbals will stop eventually during the song, and pick up again after, but no matter what, just keep pressing A and B alternatively at the same pace as the start of the song.

I can't really make it sound any easier than that, maybe someone else can. But it's not that hard to be honest. If this still doesn't help you though, sorry I couldn't explain it any better.
---
Anothervictim75 - What's with the regretting being a BElf? Something bad happen?
Bashzog - Yes. It involves a BElf and a hole in a bathroom stall wall.
#5Vuts_UpPosted 9/7/2008 3:20:00 AM
I fluked through it, ate 3 cookies, thought I was going to lose but I won somehow.
---
People I like -The friendly people if Wii Message Board
#6ZeroJinKui(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2008 4:10:02 AM
i just cant do it...

i got it perfect in practice a couple times, but on the actual race, he just doesnt speed up at all, even when i do it at the same pace i was goin in practice...

jesus christ... and its so irritating getting the race started im havin a difficult time bringing myself to race over and over til i win, its just so irritating havin to talk to toad and everything over and over....

why couldnt they have it so ya just press A and B really fast, i'd win in 2 seconds then....

this is ******* me off!!!
---
#7ZeroX2624Posted 9/14/2008 8:46:46 PM
I found it easier when you NOT look at the screen.
First I eat the 3 cookies and then I just listened to the music for any beats playing in the background and eventually I won.

---
Who needs courage when you have a gun?- Futurama
Brawl: ZEROX 0731-4517-1979
#8LinkSlayer831Posted 9/14/2008 9:12:36 PM
Wait, I bet I know what you're doing wrong because I had this problem. HOLD the button until you have to switch to the other. Tapping does not work.
---
And remember folks, arrive alive. If you arrive dead, people will be really freaking confused as to how you still managed to drive there.
#9spikethedevilPosted 9/15/2008 12:06:32 AM
I found the race piss easy and didn;t fall behind once. only used one cookie to boost my way at the end I cant understand how people were having problems with this.
---
'You should know that I never play with a full deck HAHAHA The Joker.
#10MasaPosted 9/15/2008 12:23:19 AM
I suggest eating all three cookies from the get-go to get a nice lead. From there it's trial and error.

---
Masa, Lord of Curiosity and Tetanus- Little is known about Masa because no one cares. ~ Vordrax