Kero sewers to lands end connection pipe start if the game

#1Scooba226Posted 11/17/2009 11:41:35 AM
OK I'm not sure if anyone else has seen or done this yet before
but the first time you go to kero sewers it is possible to reach the pipe to lands end by running away from enemies and then jumping on them to reach the pipe,
If and when you manage to reach the pipe go in one of the enemies will runp to you tell you your not supposed to be there and ask you to go back, you can either go back or try to fight them I've done this once and I didn't see the message in the game script faq or secrets so who know if anyone else knows about it.
#2HozuPosted 11/17/2009 4:56:09 PM
You can go through that pipe that leads to Land's End but there's a tall wall that you can't get up past there.
#3THE_GAME_FREAKPosted 11/17/2009 6:52:17 PM
thats right
ive even tried to fight the shy away run and jump on its flashing body to get over but you just cant make it.
this is one of those shortcuts BACK to the beginning, many games have them,
but u could easily have gotten the cricket jam up top before u enter the land's end pipe for some frog coins :)
---
If the video game is a cartridge, im probably better than you at it. ;)
#4Zealous98Posted 11/17/2009 8:54:32 PM
^^^The Cricket Jam is only available if you go to Kero Sewers through Land's End. It's only a flower if you just jump on the Boo. You can still get the Jam, though, by going through Land's End. The chest will refill itself.
---
Don't dream it...
... be it.
#5JiriliciousPosted 11/18/2009 9:52:54 AM
I was messing around with PAR codes, more specifically the high jump code. I used it to get up there at the beginning of the game, which is usually impossible. I was surprised when the Cricket Jam box was just a simple flower.

Anyone else noticed this?

^^^The Cricket Jam is only available if you go to Kero Sewers through Land's End. It's only a flower if you just jump on the Boo. You can still get the Jam, though, by going through Land's End. The chest will refill itself.

I should have read this post first. =P

<_<
---
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd68/GenoStrike/Slim.jpg
#6Ephraim225Posted 11/28/2009 12:57:58 AM
High jump code? Can you post that for us? I searched everywhere and couldn't find it. The FAQs only have the boring codes, heh.
#7TheWhiteLiePosted 12/6/2009 11:11:34 PM
http://gshi.org/?s=v2&sys=6&gid=63

There's another set for PAR codes for it if you go back to the index, but I didn't see the jump code in there.

Mario Jumps Ultra High
EEFE-7FAF
This allows you to get places you normally never would be able to. This code can be found in the SA1 rom itself
---
PSN: The_Wiseman
#8TheWhiteLiePosted 12/7/2009 2:08:31 AM
I ended up jumping up the cliff at land's end, got the troopa pin even though he wasn't there... then got my ass handed to me when I attacked the final flower.. going for the fertilizer 8(

The anteater things were hell at that level though. had to get 17+ with a super jump to kill one, then pray they attacked with their regular attack and defend/evade it. Stock up if you're gonna see what all you can get out of order with Mario's REAL jumping ability, esp. on Honey Syrup (did you see him jump on those Chandeliers at the beginning? C'monnnn). If you don't have super jump I think you'll probably die outright in any battle.
---
#9TheWhiteLiePosted 12/8/2009 2:07:30 AM
haha using some major exploitation of super jump, I was able to beat Belome and get to monstro town, got the attack scarf and super suit, and then beat Jinx. Gonna do the ghost thing as soon as I get to Ros(a?) Town. Hoping I can get some stuff in Nimbus land. Also got the key in monstro town without having to go through the Thwomp by just hopping up :-).

I am way overpowered now... Fun. :-) So, was there any way to get up without the code, jumping on the shy guy? This would be a lot of fun to do just through game glitches.
---
#10Ephraim225Posted 12/17/2009 8:30:02 PM
I've just discovered that you can get to the Land's End connecting pipe without cheating. After running away from the ghosts in battle the ghost becomes un-battle-able for a few seconds, so you can jump on top of it and jump to the pipe. Awesome.