Super Mario RPG Revolution (Hack) - Axem Rangers (slight spoilers)

#1tomerlin79Posted 2/25/2011 6:43:07 AM
I'm not too sure if I'm suppost to be talking about this, but anyway-
Has anyone here played and beaten Super Mario RPG Revolution or atleast got past the Axem Rangers? I can get through the first phase just fine, but the 2nd phase I just cant see how to survive it whenever it uses Breaker Beam (Justicebreaker) and just insta kills everyone there, even at full health.
I'm guessing I should use a Red Essence, but I'm trying to save those up for the final battle for pretty much the same reason (how many can you get, exactly? I ask because I had to use one for Bundt's Big Bang a while back). And I dont know if Geno Boost will reduce the damage of Justicebreaker seeing it didnt do squat for Big Bang.
My party is Mario, Mallow, and Peach, and they're all level 24, and a little over 200 health if it helps.
And another thing - the Lazy Shell weapon's (Crazy Shell) description says "110 attack, but...", what does it mean by "but..."?
#2deshaun182Posted 2/25/2011 7:40:59 AM
Its attack range is ridiculous if I remember correctly. Meaning if you dont time it perfect, you can hit like you're unarmed.
But the payout is great if you do it right!!
Your level is maaaad low tbh. Well when I got there Mario was like 38, cuz of the exp booster.
You probably need a better team or items. I use Mario, Geno, and Toadstool. Geno boost is effective in this game, like very effective.
Energizers and Bracers, Crystallines and Power Blasts are useful if youre on a low level.
Hope this helps! Lemme know how you do!
---
This will only change when I stop loving you<3
#3geno_16Posted 2/25/2011 3:36:00 PM

And another thing - the Lazy Shell weapon's (Crazy Shell) description says "110 attack, but...", what does it mean by "but..."?

It drops Mario's speed to 0 and IIRC also lowers both his defense and sp. defense.

First off, you have to level up more. I don't remember my exact level when I got there, but I know it was over 30.

Anyway, make sure everyone is always under the effects of Geno Boost and just hit it with physical attacks from Mario and Geno while healing with Toadstool. The turn before he launches Breaker Beam, use "defend" on everyone and they should survive the attack if they have full health as well as the defense bonus from Geno Boost. Keep a good cache of Pick Me Ups and Maple Syrups on you, and be aware that this will be a time consuming battle, as you will spend a lot of turns healing/reviving via items with Mario and Geno rather then attacking.
---
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/1797/fella.jpg
#4tomerlin79(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2011 5:32:47 PM
Whew, well I finally beat them. Man that was probably the hardest fight so far (cant wait to battle the final boss then =P). I just barely managed to squeeze out a win, though. Also, FYI deshaun, I found out that defense boosts like Geno Boost and Bracers dont do anything to reduce Justicebreaker's damage. Although using the defend command actually did do something (why havent I thought of using it?), so it's all good.
And how am I too low leveled, exactly? I understand that ya'll both were at a much higher level than me, but I'm just following the boss level requirements found in the Readme that came with the hack (plus I know the final boss is beatable by level 30, just very hard and requires a specific strategy to win, though), plus I'm not really the one to grind a whole lot just to win.
So thanks for the tips, both of you, and thanks for the information about the Crazy Shell, didnt notice it drops your defenses (although it doesnt do anything to your speed as far as I can tell).
#5GetSmartPosted 2/27/2011 4:38:08 PM
I've tried searching for a guide to this hack but have come up short, I'm rather surprised, but anyway, I only ask about the 3 musty fears' flags. Got two of them, the third I cannot find, the clue is "hidden in a lonely cannon", and I've searched in the sea and sunken ship, all those cannons, and the cannons at Land's End, and I can't find it, and don't know where else to search for a cannon. Anyone find it? I just need to do this, beat Culex and Smithy and that'll be all I have left for this hack.

Don't know how much EXP Culex will give, but I want to try and at least beat him around levels 47-48 so I can get all the exp for the last levels, plus if I use the lucky jewel and have double exp accessory on another character, that could probably be around 1000 points in one battle.
---
if it is to be, it is up to me.
Officially the Nice Guy: turned down by 16 girls, all of whom still complain to me about their boyfriend.
#6GetSmartPosted 2/27/2011 6:47:49 PM
Nevermind, found it. I guess I didn't search the sunken ship hard enough, it's by the save point near the treasure box monster.
---
if it is to be, it is up to me.
Officially the Nice Guy: turned down by 16 girls, all of whom still complain to me about their boyfriend.