Just found out about armageddon

#1V1zdr1xPosted 8/22/2013 12:12:03 PM
So I just found out about the armageddon and wanted to know what people think of it. Does it do a good job of balancing the game and increasing difficulty? I've played a few mods in different games that say it does so but sometimes falls flat. I'll start this up once I get home but I'm really excited to play this since Mario RPG is one of the best RPGs I've ever played. Also I'm downloading v6 and was wondering if this is the most up-to-date version and if the developer has his own website? I found out about it from insanedifficulty but I don't think that's the official website for the project.
---
FC: 0662-2836-6244
#2Nessman121Posted 8/27/2013 3:30:24 PM
never heard of any of these things but you got me intrigued. a little research looks like the guy originated on gamefaqs but got his topics deleted so migrated to insanedifficulty
http://www.insanedifficulty.com/board/index.php?/topic/1039-downloadintroductionupdates-updated-on-81012-version-61/

also looks like the mod maker isnt done yet...
http://www.insanedifficulty.com/board/index.php?/topic/3975-a-version-7-will-be-made/

post back what you think of the mod, Ive never played one but SMRPG definitely can be improved with a difficulty raise
---
Show me. Show you. Kikkoman! Kikkoman!
"Don't accept the issues that come with an aging prostate!" -Joe Theismann
#3DarkkefkaFFXPosted 8/31/2013 9:42:27 AM
Indeed, I started hosting this hack here, Sometime around version 2, the thread became taboo..

I moved to Insane difficulty, and this is where I host the game.

I'm working on Version 7 to make some improvements suggested by people who has played every version.

If people would stop beating around the bush and simple TELL ME how to raise the level cap over 50 and the coin limit to 9999, I can complete this already. I can't simply use somebody else's game as a based because it screws up my offset readings...like the coin Limit Extension. It messes up my game. I need to hack in my game and do it myself, but for some reason, people won't tell me how to do it.

I can live without the level cap. But I MOST have the coin limit at 9999.

it's just a matter of time. I'll learn sooner or later.

As for version 6, the main issue people are having is the fact that one wrong level up bonus choice can make it impossible to pass certain fighting unless you spam one tactic over and over, and it gets repeative and boring. I will work on balancing the level stats.
---
FFX NSGNZ Dark Aeons (Anima left)
Pokemon D/P Friends Codes: 0216 3888 1669