I can't seem to do the Super Jump correctly

#1BlaekPosted 3/17/2008 11:32:24 AM
I run until I get the blue shades behind me and even longer than that sometimes and when I press down, Samus just stops. I only managed to do it twice on accident.

God who made this terrible desicion to make some moves really hard to execute -_-
#2RoxinosPosted 3/17/2008 12:31:43 PM
"By accident" not "on accident."

And you should make sure that you are still holding the run button. Releasing it after you have charged the Super Jump will not change anything, but releasing it before will, I think.

Also, try to slide your finger from the forward to the down button. If you just release forward and press down, you'll only stop.
#3jonthomson(Moderator)Posted 3/17/2008 5:34:21 PM
If you are using a keyboard, try a different set of keys. Some layouts make the shinespark hard to execute
---
Jon Thomson - 1:10 pure 1:43 100% - HKP: 179
Currently playing: Prime 3
#4Cauchys InequalityPosted 3/17/2008 5:38:22 PM
Try hitting down without letting go of forward. Not only does it work, but it also gives you like 0% chance of letting go of forward before you've pressed down.

---
"The world is a sphere. That means that the east is connected to the west, and the north is connected to the south." ~Enrique, Skies of Arcadia
#5Blaek(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2008 7:20:27 PM
I'm playing with a controller.

Btw the method you guys recommend doesnt work much either. But I kind figured out a way to do it. I mapped the "load" and "save" button on my controller. So I run and save at the moment i'm reaching the blue shade phase, and then keep hitting down until my charge is succesfull. If not, reload it. All goes very fast.

It's sad that I have to resort to this. Lots of moves in this game are programmed terribly.
#6TheMagician42Posted 3/17/2008 7:25:40 PM
Roxinos, correcting the TC's grammar was HIGHLY uncalled for. It's a very arrogant thing to do especially when the mistake was so negligible.
---
Well I can help you without witchcraft, pills, and molestation. But it won't be easy.
#7Shadow493Posted 3/17/2008 7:26:14 PM
I think you have the problem here.
I mean, no one before has said that the moves are programmed terribly.
Just practice a little sliding your thumb.
BTW, I wasn't supposed to sound harsh.

See Ya
Shadow493
#8Blaek(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2008 8:22:32 PM
Roxinos, correcting the TC's grammar was HIGHLY uncalled for. It's a very arrogant thing to do especially when the mistake was so negligible.

haha, I appreciate you sticking up for me, but to be honest I was glad with his input. It will make me remember to not make that mistake again ;)

And Shadow, with "programmed terribly" I actually mean that it's done in a way over the top difficult. The probability that some moves will succeed is never 100% sure, ie. it's highly random. You can train yourself to get a better grip of the moves but.... you gotta agree that this on it's own sounds very stupid. There is no concrete pattern. I run and at the moment I turn blue I press down, with and without the thumb sliding method. Tried it for over 15 minutes.... nothing happened. That's way too out there in my opinion.
#9TheMagician42Posted 3/17/2008 9:23:53 PM
^I really think this problem you're having with Super Jump is restricted to you. I don't believe it has anything to do with bad programming. I can Super Jump 100% of the time. You must be letting go of forward (or possibly even Run) before hitting down on the D-Pad.

I have never heard of anyone having a problem with this technique. Most people tend to complain about Wall Jumping.
---
Well I can help you without witchcraft, pills, and molestation. But it won't be easy.
#10Cauchys InequalityPosted 3/18/2008 7:43:37 AM
...you know you don't have to do it the moment you turn blue. Any time after that is okay. Just hold forward and dash, and then once you turn blue continue holding those two while you also press down. Voila, instant charge.

---
"The world is a sphere. That means that the east is connected to the west, and the north is connected to the south." ~Enrique, Skies of Arcadia