How long did it take you to figure out

#1Master75Posted 3/29/2009 10:36:08 PM
-spoilers-

-
-
-
-

that you need to power bomb the glass tube? I know it's vague... but it's the water part of miridia.

anyways, it took me a good two hours and looking at the map... i feel foolish
---
- ><> - fish -
#2noneshallpassPosted 3/30/2009 12:10:32 AM
It took me a long long time. I believe years of not playing it for months and then finally going back to it and exploring, getting frustrated and putting it down for a few more months.

Then one day I was playing it with a friend of mine that loved the game like I did. I had narrowed it down to the small section of Meridia that you can explore, and finally put together the glass tube and the shattered one in a corridor near it.

"Wait...if that one is broken, then maybe..."

---
Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. There is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof
#3kirbymuncherPosted 3/30/2009 3:45:49 AM
I knew it before I even had power bombs, because I had played metroid prime. There's a similar tube before you get the ice spreader.
---
So what happens after FE10?
Astrid becomes a professional comedian by showing off her base stats-WaterofDarkness
#4Master75(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2009 8:37:40 AM
^yes, but in metroid prime, there's a scan vision to help you figure it out.
---
- ><> - fish -
#5videogamer1030Posted 3/30/2009 9:11:43 AM
Not long at all because I had played Prime 2 beforehand.
#6yellowshinygoldPosted 3/30/2009 9:57:19 AM
the glass tube is something a gamer has inside,and actually Metroid Zero Mission has a glass to be broken by the power bomb.

actually i started using Super missiles to see if it was like that,but then i used the power bomb.
#7Master75(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2009 12:29:59 PM
Assuming one had never played the other metroid games before, could you see how it may seem difficult?

---
- ><> - fish -
#8Black_Mage_NukePosted 3/30/2009 1:36:07 PM
When I got the Power Bombs. When I saw the glass tube, I did everything I could to break it, because I believed it could be broken.
Upon gaining new weaponry, I'd try it on the tube, even if it didn't make sense.
When I eventually got the Power Bombs (And tried one out.), I figured that if they couldn't do it, nothing would.
---
My Gaming Backlog.
http://backloggery.com/systemeth
#9BiscuitThi3fPosted 3/30/2009 8:58:52 PM
I'd always known it. I saw my dad do it when I was like four. *Laughs*

No idea how long it took him, though.
---
"Medicine is the only profession that labours incessantly to destroy the reason for its own existence." - James Bryce.
#10stevegauchPosted 3/30/2009 9:07:51 PM
heres a good question:
when you did powerbomb the tube, did you have the gravity suit, and if not, how long did you take trying to get back out of the room [assuming you were in the middle of the tube of course]?
I remember flying all around but never far enough up. too at least 15 minutes, maybe a half hour the first time XD
---
From Alfran: Watch me launch a nuke from 10 feet away and remain virtually unscathed!
From some I refute "this isn't fallout" thread