Super Metroid: The Remake

#1TalesofRemorsePosted 5/25/2009 2:48:22 PM
What if Retro Studios decided to remake Super Metroid in FPS with high-quality graphics, for the Wii or the next gen console? Would you buy it or not? Discuss. ;D
#2Richardthe3rdPosted 5/27/2009 2:22:13 PM
In FPS?

No.

I would like for Nintendo to make a new sidescroller Metroid. I think a lot of Super Metroid fans would.

But remaking Super Metroid into an FPS wouldn't work because it's pretty much already been done by the prime series. It wouldn't make sense and it wouldn't feel like the same game.

How exactly do you port a sidescroller into an FPS and retain any of the same gameplay mechanics?
---
Nitimur In Vetitum
#3etai79Posted 5/27/2009 4:14:23 PM
Why ruin a perfectly good game? Metroid Prime was boring enough, leave the classics alone.
#4JetforcebelmontPosted 5/27/2009 4:26:34 PM
Metroid Prime, boring? How so?
---
Not changing this sig until Uwe Boll stops making horrible movies. Started 4/19/08 "When they said, 'Let's put Superman on the 64!' God died."
#5pkmnforeverPosted 5/28/2009 12:47:07 AM
[QUOTE="Jetforcebelmont"]Metroid Prime, boring? How so? i would like to noe the answer to that as well and nintendo needs to make a new sidescroller preferably for the ds!! it has so much capabilities for side scrolling
#6TalesofRemorse(Topic Creator)Posted 5/28/2009 2:02:44 PM
Well okay. I was just asking. I mean, I for one would love to see the bosses and worlds in 3-D, but I can understand how you guys feel. If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
#7Richardthe3rdPosted 5/28/2009 3:06:09 PM
Weeeeell, no one said the bosses couldn't be in 3D. It just shouldn't be from a first person perspective. Really I thought they made a big mistake making the metroid series from FP perspective; third person would have been better (screw attack, morph ball, and the reason that Samus' suit is just cool to look at).

I really think they should derail the whole first person stuff and go third person.
---
Nitimur In Vetitum
#8TalesofRemorse(Topic Creator)Posted 5/28/2009 4:44:32 PM
Yeah, that makes sense. I didn't know so many fans were against FPS, though. I thought the Prime trilogy was fun. But, everyone's different so, yeah.
#9Richardthe3rdPosted 6/1/2009 9:18:02 AM
Don't get me wrong; Prime wasn't BAD. It just didn't feel like the Metroid a lot of hardcore fans wanted.

I like Prime, but I don't revisit it on an annual basis like I do Super Metroid. Honestly, I don't expect Nintendo to ever make another game that good.
---
Nitimur In Vetitum
#10DiortePosted 6/1/2009 12:58:41 PM
Don't get me wrong; Prime wasn't BAD. It just didn't feel like the Metroid a lot of hardcore fans wanted.

Glad there are still level-headed fans on Metroid boards these days. Metroid Prime 1 wasn't bad at all in my opinion. It's my favorite Prime game. However, I think MP2 and MP3 are boring as hell. I can't really say why, but they just feel less like a Metroid game and more like a new FPS franchise that Nintendo was trying out. They're not bad by any means, they're just not really Metroid games =/ I stick with my Super, Fusion, and Zero Mission if I want to play a Metroid game.
---
In this sentence there are # vowels and # consonants, or however that's spelled. - Me
Metroids suck Samus' [morph] balls.