Why Super Metroid never had a Gameboy Advance port.?

#1MetroidimplantPosted 1/18/2012 7:27:46 AM

I was just thinking does anyone find it strange that Super Metroid had a Gameboy advance port or remake most of Nintendos other best selling games did why not Super Metroid?

#2BoltVanderhugePosted 1/18/2012 9:58:00 AM
i think you are gonna find the majority here is going to think a remake/port/etc is unnecessary. I wouldnt want one. Ports and remakes come off as pretty cheap to me. I mean look at how bad the turtles in time remake was. Leave the classics alone i say.
#3GaullerPosted 1/18/2012 10:07:54 AM
Not enough buttons.
---
GT: B O davis
#4MelodiaPosted 1/18/2012 12:44:23 PM
Oh there's a very easy way to give enough buttons on GBA.
Make the run button R, and have L used for both up and down diag depending on which way you hold. Remove item cancel.
---
Always Remember, Green Hair Is Cool.
#5SeroguehPosted 1/18/2012 1:27:05 PM
According to metroid wiki, someone of the Nintendo staff actually suggested porting Super Metroid to the GBA, but Sakamoto wanted to port the original Metroid instead. Thus became Metroid: Zero Mission.
Oddly enough, there was also a direct port of the original Metroid on the GBA. Huh.
---
That guy is a maniac! Why'd he bite me?!
#6GaullerPosted 1/18/2012 3:14:24 PM(edited)
Melodia posted...
Oh there's a very easy way to give enough buttons on GBA.
Make the run button R, and have L used for both up and down diag depending on which way you hold. Remove item cancel.

Let me go over this:

R=Sprint
L=Diagonal aim(Fusion/ZM style)
D-pad=movement
Select=Select items
Start=Status/map
B=Fire weapon
A=Jump

Looks doable, though it would be a pain scrolling through the items without being able to move. The only two alternatives I can think of are auto sprint or double tapping forward.
---
GT: B O davis
#7paganinioPosted 1/18/2012 6:58:18 PM
Super is an immersive experience, which would look and play like a joke on the small screen, I mean, really, really small screen.

You need a TV-size screen for its magic to work.
#8MelodiaPosted 1/18/2012 10:39:20 PM
Well both Fusion and MZM do auto sprinting, though of course the games are designed around it.
---
Always Remember, Green Hair Is Cool.
#9BareknuckleRooPosted 1/19/2012 5:21:54 AM
I think it wouldn't have the same feeling if it were ported. The controls would be doable, but wouldn't be quite as enjoyable as on the SNES. More importantly, you'd miss that wide open feeling in some areas like Maridia due to the small screen size on the NES (Fusion and Zero Mission both feel much 'smaller' because the areas are designed more around a smaller screen).
#10MrPerson01Posted 1/20/2012 10:57:19 AM
most of Nintendos other best selling games did why not Super Metroid?

Super Metroid did not sell as well as Super Mario World or ALttP. IIRC it sold pretty poorly due to it being out at the end of the SNES era.