How long are Soul Blazer and Illusion of Gaia?

#1Clyde6Posted 8/4/2012 7:07:45 AM
I have currently free time. If they are shorter than Terranigma, I might play both in a row. How much hours would I need to finish both, without doing any sidequests?
#2Ryu23456Posted 8/4/2012 9:50:14 AM
i beat illusion of gaia on a single day. i think it takes roughly 6 to 10 hours of playtime, depending on how much you explore and try to complete each dungeon.
#3BlackdrazonPosted 8/7/2012 7:47:28 PM
Soul Blazer's a bit longer than IoG, but I have to stress that that's if you know what you're doing in each. IoG is more complicated a game, so if you get lost or hung up on a puzzle, you'll be there for a longer time. Soul Blazer barely has any puzzles to get hung up on in the first place.
#4Clyde6(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2012 7:41:11 AM
Wow, IoG is really short. I started playing it yesterday seems like I will finish it today. As for Soul Blazer I stopped playing it. It was just like Act Raiser and I got bored of it.
#5red255Posted 8/18/2012 12:25:12 PM
yeah was going to say, Soul blazer wasn't that... good IMO when I played it Back when I was younger and had lower standards.
---
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.
#6Ezero_De_MiloPosted 8/21/2012 2:48:57 AM
I dunno, I quite enjoyed all of them, to be honest. I thought Soul Blazer was a more...unique style than the other two. Not to mention, it might be a bit off putting when you're playing games with graphics like Terranigma and IoG, and then moving right over to Soul Blazer. I would have said start with SB and then go from there to IoG, and then save Terranigma for last.
---
Secrets are what make treasures golden.
#7Magus of the ShadowsPosted 8/24/2012 11:58:49 AM
??? I thought IoG was the longest of the 3. Soul Blazer is a cakewalk and can be finished in a single day, easily. IoG-- it took me weeks or months, playing off and on. But I feel like I put 20-30 hours into the whole thing.
#8Clyde6(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2012 9:06:15 AM
I finished IoG two weeks ago, really good game but it doesn't compare to Terranigma. The game was really short, I guess it took me around 10-12 hours to beat it. It's definitly shorter than Terranigma.
#9HeavensCloud889Posted 8/29/2012 6:12:13 PM
I enjoyed Soul Blazer but the lack of an engaging story like the other ones puts out on a slightly lower tier.
---
*Goes off to search for missing 9*
#10BrownJenkinsPosted 9/3/2012 2:27:06 PM
trve dat.

for example, I always wondered how/when the chick there fell in "love" with the hero.. there's hardly any dialogue at all..

I always liked the progression in the series. to see what elements were continued and improved and so on..
---
when I was a little kid, my mother told me not to stare into the sun, so when I was six I did...