Cannot play online, tried everything

#1dziniPosted 4/14/2008 11:50:35 PM
I cannotplay online no matter what, my firewall and internet modem/router network everything, I checked them and they are fine, I used to be able to play online a few years back, then i stopped playing, and now I'm playing again and cant play online.
I can connect ot he lobbies, chat even, but when I try to host a game no one can join and when I try to join a game, it always says no response from host or failed to join game or failed to join game (gs)

please help
#2SpartanWavePosted 4/15/2008 8:13:20 AM

I think i know wwhat is your problem maybe you have to update your game to 1.5 then you can play online i did it to.

when you go to options then you see to the right ver. and the 1.1 1.2 1.3 or 1.5 take a look.

-

You Want War I Give You War !!!!!

#3dzini(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2008 4:38:56 AM
yes I updated :(
checked EVERYTHING
trust me
#4dzini(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2008 5:29:44 AM
help please :(
#5ng1294Posted 4/18/2008 6:36:19 PM
On the multiplayer screen hit the change CD key button and type in your key with hyphens and everything and make it look exactly the same. If this doesn't work I don't know what to tell you bud. Too bad if it doesn't, I bet you'd be pretty good online
#6TheDarkarchPosted 4/20/2008 9:14:05 AM
I played Rome Total War for years, constantly getting booted off or disconnected, i tried to get people to hurry and build their armies before i was kicked, i could never figure out why i couldnt play online, most of the time i couldnt get on at all, then i tried something one day that worked...its your router... you need to directly hook your dsl to your computer, not through the router, for some reason playing on a router messes up the whole thing, same way on AVP2 cant host your own server if ur on a router, so try that
#7dzini(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2008 8:31:16 PM
thanks, will try! :D
anything's worth a shot at this stage, and I'll report back..