Gladiatorial Uprising

#1fite110Posted 7/13/2009 3:58:38 PM
I was playing as Germania and i was owning the Julii. I just seiged their last city, Arretium, and the next turn it got taken over by the gladiators and they were conquered. (idk how much public order)The new army had Yutseb (or whatever) elephants. I only saw these once before, after using the cheat about a year ago in a different game. Except they came for the enemies (rebels, i think glad uprising). So... how do the gladiator uprising come (im guessing low public order+arena), and how to they get the elephants?
#2fite110(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2009 4:06:50 PM
update: my old campaign got bugged and crashed/s when i load it... thats why i stopped. and now this one crashes too. and it crashed shortly after the elephant spawn. (probably when i ended turn)... do any patches stop this?
#3ChaosArbiterPosted 7/15/2009 4:15:39 AM
So... how do the gladiator uprising come (im guessing low public order+arena), and how to they get the elephants?

You're right on the Gladiator Uprising - they show up when a Roman city with an Arena riots long enough to revolt. The Yubtseb Elephants I'm not so sure about ... IIRC, the last time I looked at the unit_descr text file they weren't available by any means sans cheats.

do any patches stop this?

Eh, you should get 1.5 anyway, but I don't know.
---
Humanity's one redeeming virtue is the ability to corrupt anything.
#4fite110(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2009 5:14:43 PM
alright thanks... at least carthage gets gettable elephants... but berserkers are still my favorite troop