Does anyone know how to get the cheats to work on windows 7 ?

#1jmkhPosted 9/18/2010 8:39:25 PM

Can someone please tell me how to enable the cheats for RTW on windows 7 I keep pressing the ~ button on my labtop but it does not respond at all. When I play Medieval 2 on my labtop the ~ button responds and I can type cheats but with rome it does not work can anyone help me solve this problem? I just got this game in its Goldpack ed I would hate to have to take it back to the store and exchange it. Any help will be welcome

#2CacciatoPosted 9/18/2010 11:01:43 PM
Go to the directory Data/text
Use a standard text editor (like notepad/word etc.) to open "descr_shortcuts"
There should be a line with "show_console" here, and it says "hidden" behind it.
Remove "hidden" and save the file

That should fix it.
#3jmkh(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2010 10:32:56 PM

I did what you said but it when I get ready to save the change to the file it tells me access is denied how the hell do I solve this problem?

#4Lucky Sh0tPosted 9/21/2010 7:56:37 AM
Thanks Caciato.

i also did what you said, to the letter, works perfectly and saves correctly.
---
Xbox Gamertag: Aurilion
WoW - lvl 80 Paladin, lvl 32 Warrior, lvl 70 Rogue, lvl 70 Mage - Chamber of Aspects (EU)
#5ChaosArbiterPosted 9/21/2010 9:42:20 AM
OP:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/589390-rome-total-war/46903200
---
If everything seems to be going well, you obviously have no idea what the hell is going on.
Hinamizawa: Where killing your friends is always the answer.
#6jmkh(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2010 8:50:38 PM

Ive done everything you said to do to the data file and the peace of **** still wont work so I went and downloaded artmoney in order to use cheats on this game. Its funny that the console bar of MTW2 works on win 7 but the **** console bar on Rome wont work at all. oh well thank God for youtube other wise I would not have found out about artmoney.

#7ChaosArbiterPosted 9/23/2010 9:18:01 PM
the peace of **** still wont work

Well, when you play a game called Total War, of course peace is going to be a bad idea. The fact that you fail hard enough to cheat just makes it more laughable.
---
If everything seems to be going well, you obviously have no idea what the hell is going on.
Hinamizawa: Where killing your friends is always the answer.