Does anyone know how to get the cheats to work on windows 7 ?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Rome: Total War
  3. Does anyone know how to get the cheats to work on windows 7 ?
6 years ago#1

Can someone please tell me how to enable the cheats for RTW on windows 7 I keep pressing the ~ button on my labtop but it does not respond at all. When I play Medieval 2 on my labtop the ~ button responds and I can type cheats but with rome it does not work can anyone help me solve this problem? I just got this game in its Goldpack ed I would hate to have to take it back to the store and exchange it. Any help will be welcome

6 years ago#2
Go to the directory Data/text
Use a standard text editor (like notepad/word etc.) to open "descr_shortcuts"
There should be a line with "show_console" here, and it says "hidden" behind it.
Remove "hidden" and save the file

That should fix it.
6 years ago#3

I did what you said but it when I get ready to save the change to the file it tells me access is denied how the hell do I solve this problem?

6 years ago#4
Thanks Caciato.

i also did what you said, to the letter, works perfectly and saves correctly.
Xbox Gamertag: Aurilion
WoW - lvl 80 Paladin, lvl 32 Warrior, lvl 70 Rogue, lvl 70 Mage - Chamber of Aspects (EU)
6 years ago#5
OP:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/589390-rome-total-war/46903200
If everything seems to be going well, you obviously have no idea what the hell is going on.
Hinamizawa: Where killing your friends is always the answer.
6 years ago#6

Ive done everything you said to do to the data file and the peace of **** still wont work so I went and downloaded artmoney in order to use cheats on this game. Its funny that the console bar of MTW2 works on win 7 but the **** console bar on Rome wont work at all. oh well thank God for youtube other wise I would not have found out about artmoney.

6 years ago#7
the peace of **** still wont work

Well, when you play a game called Total War, of course peace is going to be a bad idea. The fact that you fail hard enough to cheat just makes it more laughable.
If everything seems to be going well, you obviously have no idea what the hell is going on.
Hinamizawa: Where killing your friends is always the answer.
  1. Boards
  2. Rome: Total War
  3. Does anyone know how to get the cheats to work on windows 7 ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived