Is it weird that I love this game...

#1keyblader1985Posted 3/7/2012 3:41:31 PM
but I hate RPG's with grid-based battle systems?

I just thought of this the other day.
---
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s277/keyblader1985/GameFAQs/sig01.jpg
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai
#2KeyBlade999Posted 3/8/2012 10:32:48 AM
Hey.... *looks at screenname*

Eh, I kinda don't like grid-based RPGs all too much either (ie. FF Tactics Advance). This was different. Not sure why, but it was awesome.

Actually made the first complete FAQ for this too. ^_^

>_>
---
Total Files / Complete FAQs / Images / KB -- 99 / 62 / 2 / ~16,403 KB.
Proud Leader of Team Ancient Legends (PMD2). Total Rescues: 1,672.
#3keyblader1985(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2012 12:50:24 PM(edited)
Yeah, I've seen a lot of guides written by you. Matter of fact, let's see what games we have in common:

3DS
Flipnote
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded
Bowser's Inside Story
Super Mario 64 DS
Pokemon Yellow
Pokemon Silver
Zelda: Wind Waker
Mega Man Legends
Dark Cloud 1 & 2
Super Paper Mario
Zelda: Skyward Sword

...Geez. ;>_>

Anyway, I just don't care for those kind of games. One time I randomly picked up Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, and upon realizing it was one of those games, I immediately returned it. And just recently I bought Yu Yu Hakusho Tournament Tactics really cheap, then when I found out it was grid-based, I gave it away to a friend.
---
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s277/keyblader1985/GameFAQs/sig01.jpg
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai
#4GodOfChaosKefkaPosted 3/11/2012 3:14:01 AM
i enjoyed this game. like yugioh mixed with final fantasy tactics. wouldve been greater if it were made possible to win or collect every card without hacking. plus adding more characters like espa roba,duke,rebecca,marik,odion,rare hunters etc...(never understood why they added ishizu but not marik in previous games before the games like worldwide edition and duel stories came out).
---
The end comes... beyond chaos!! therefore the beginning comes... before nothingness!!
#5KeyBlade999Posted 3/11/2012 12:52:52 PM
keyblader1985 posted...
Yeah, I've seen a lot of guides written by you.

Yeah, I have no life. >_>;;
---
Total Files / Complete FAQs / Images / KB -- 100 / 63 / 2 / ~16,415 KB.
Proud Leader of Team Ancient Legends (PMD2). Total Rescues: 1,672.
#6EDarienPosted 3/16/2012 12:34:13 AM
I wouldn't say it's that odd. Honestly, this game feels more like a board game to me than an SRPG. Admittedly, I like grid based games. FFT (original, not the Advance titles), Front Mission 3. 4 was ok ... little slow and I got frustrated that it kept switching me between 2 different teams. Hard to keep track of your gear, mechs, etc like that.

Anyway, I always felt this is more like an old school board game. There's certainly some strategy to it, but a bit of luck, too. And the overall feel of the game is just 'fun' opposed to "I'm a serious bad*** who is gonna kill everyone! godmode activate!" Plus there really is a lot to it. In that same vein of being reminiscent of old school games you can collect the cards, combine them even for new monsters that you can't have unless you combine them (Black Meteor Dragon is my fave!) It's just a really fun game. And as much as I -love- FFT, it really takes itself a LOT more seriously than this. Even the Advance games with their kid-friendly mechanics tried too hard IMO compared to this game.

Also I censored myself up there because it's hard to tell what is and is not moddable these days. I don't post enough to notice real patterns but I've been slammed in threads with multiple moderations for quoting someone else whose post is still up. *shrug*
---
Lali-ho!
#7tftrevor813Posted 3/22/2012 7:30:38 AM
they should do a remake of this game for the ps3 but I doubt that would ever happen now =\
---
Like Always Until Then Later =)