Weapon Array Types?

#1RedCross_KnightPosted 1/27/2009 10:28:50 PM
Yo, I'm just beginning the game. What is the best weapon array type that you would recommend to a beginner?

--- A.B.
#2ScientistPGPosted 2/6/2009 3:18:18 AM
Probably whatever you're most comfortable with, although Type 4 provides the most protection with the least amount of work. This is particularly useful when there are destructible projectiles coming from many directions, like stages 4, 5, and 6. Also, by tapping R, you can pull your options together and concentrate fire on a single point, just like any other type (!).

Type 4's rear firepower is a bit disadvantaged, but you can compensate with its backwards missiles and by playing aggressively on the left side of the screen.

Types 3, 2, and 1 each respectively give you more control over your options, but you trade off manageability and default safety.

---
"i hear they are going to add fun for a marketplace download, costs 450 points, its a sweet deal" - lordseifer
#3RedCross_Knight(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2009 1:31:29 PM
Thanks for the reply. I've been using type 3 and have found it useful up until Stage 5. The boss is especially difficult. Perhaps I should try using type 4 some more.

Do you know which weapon is strongest? I find that there are times when the normal fire works better then the laser. I do not know which one to choose.

--- A.B.
#4ScientistPGPosted 2/12/2009 4:02:46 AM
Laser is stronger, but Type 1 and 3's lasers are not continuous -- there is a brief lag between shots that could throw you off. You can reduce this lag by getting closer to your target (like in the old games ^_^) or rapidly tapping the fire button, which might be useful on cores.

I'm not sure when Normal fire might be preferable to Laser, unless you mean Double, which is probably best to use only for specific sections when you want extra firepower behind or above you, switching back to Laser afterward.

I don't think any option type has a big advantage on the stage 5 boss. The first part where you're digging through the rocks can be handled by slightly digging up/down as needed... with Type 3, keep your options close. Second part, you want to hide behind the big rocks to shield yourself from the bullets (unless you've got a better idea;) and then focus everything on the core ASAP before the bullets start up again. If you're fast and move right up next to the core, you can destroy it before the pattern repeats.

---
"i hear they are going to add fun for a marketplace download, costs 450 points, its a sweet deal" - lordseifer
#5presea_loverPosted 2/13/2009 3:21:48 AM
Type 2 is the one I'm best with, but I think Type 4 is the coolest.
---
"If less is more, just think how much more more will be!" - Dr. Frasier Crane
http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=presea_hater