This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

hmm.. strange.. why can't i connect to battle.net?

#1megavolnutt99Posted 8/14/2009 7:57:15 AM
so i just got this laptop, then when I go to battle.net, it says "There was an error writing to your hard drive while trying to download file from Battle.net. You may need to free some space. Check your hard drive and try again."

WTF I have 400 gb free space!
---
Gove[revolver]nment-we don't have to make sense, we can use guns -someone
#2CoegulatPosted 8/14/2009 11:08:21 AM
Stop downloading gay pr0n.
---
These guys are very easily killed. It shouldn't be hard. Just rush them with pretty much anything.
-Blizzard talking about Druids of the Talons
#3gejsivPosted 8/14/2009 12:41:53 PM
you committed the foulest sin known to mankind.

you use vista as an operating system :(

right click ft, run as administrator, give the computer permission, and you won't get the message.
---
i make youtube stuff for video games. check it out if you have time ._. http://www.youtube.com/user/gejsiv
#4EwigDPosted 8/14/2009 5:48:41 PM
Or an even better solution, get rid of Vista and perform an exorcism on your laptop to rid it of its evil influence.
---
All hail Lelouch! - There is always one truth.
Intelligence and respect are all it takes to get along fine. Not a bad trade off, huh?
#5DragonslayerrrrPosted 8/14/2009 11:10:24 PM
run it as admin
---
80 Orc Warlock Server-Thrall Name-Darknessorc
80 Orc Deathknight Server-Thrall Name-Darknessork
#6megavolnutt99(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2009 5:55:32 AM
I'm on admin... And hey, there's nothing I can do about this, they don't sell XP anymore, and this is my laptop, and there's only one account. So i'm already on admin..
I tried reinstalling the game yesterday and I was able to go to battlenet... but I didn't play because I just checked it out. And now I'm going to play, but it did it again
---
#7megavolnutt99(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2009 5:57:02 AM
is it a firewall problem? Because I already allowed WCIII to go through firewall. Other than firewalls, I've no clue wtf to do
---
#8megavolnutt99(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2009 6:12:42 AM
oh hey... so I have to right click huh?

okay thanks, I've figured it out... But damn do I have to do that everytime? I don't even know how to fix this admin thing. Also, it's annoying how I do something and it always asks me "Did you start this program? If yes Continue, if not Cancel"

WTF

thanks anyway

It's dota time
---
#9flipgamer7Posted 8/16/2009 12:24:19 PM
It should keep working after, or just keep the Admin option on in one of the security..options..lol I forget where.
---
"New Mission! Defeat the pissed off Reaper!"-Uzuki Yashiro