Power Bomb Guardian (spoilers maybe)

#1KoRnKoBPosted 12/3/2009 7:37:39 AM
Hey, I've started playing this game again... Beat Boost Guardian on my 2nd try and beat the Spiderball Guardian on my first shot... Now I'm up to the Power bomb Guardian and I'm having a hard time getting around the tracks. I hold a direction and press boost but Samus keeps going away from the wall, not only that he shoots out bombs so frequently I can hardly go anywhere!

I don't recall having this much trouble on this boss last time I played the game...

All help is appreciated:)
---
Thank you. Actually, I will give you a chunk of my own ass I appreciate the the help so much. *bleeds*----Darkfyr
#2PaltheosPosted 12/4/2009 11:38:18 AM
PB Guardian's rate of fire increases as he takes more damage. Hit the bomb slots that are furthest away and most difficult to reach first. Try baiting him to fire at a place where you won't be or timing your movement between his fire so that the bomb jumps consuming the most time occur during a period where he can't fire again.
---
Metroid: Zero Mission: My best Single-Segment 100% time - 58.31. World Record time - 56.11
LUE Account - Ragnarok500
#3DesulatedPosted 12/5/2009 1:26:29 AM

If you're having difficulty jumping between the Spider Tracks, lure him to shoot a Power Bomb in a spot away from the jumping point. While he reloads, make a quick jump before he spits out another one.

It's tough trying to make the jumps if he's targeting at ya while your bomb detonates.

#4Philip027Posted 12/5/2009 6:59:30 AM
I may not be remembering this fight correctly but I don't think you're ever supposed to utilize the Boost Ball in this fight. You're just either bomb jumping, or temporarily releasing the Spider Ball in order to fall down to a lower magnet-track.
#5KoRnKoB(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2009 8:39:47 PM
All good, I've beat him already... I always seem to pass something right after I post a message on here!

Thanks for the help though!
---
Thank you. Actually, I will give you a chunk of my own ass I appreciate the the help so much. *bleeds*----Darkfyr
#6Master ZEDPosted 12/5/2009 11:19:21 PM
I may not be remembering this fight correctly but I don't think you're ever supposed to utilize the Boost Ball in this fight. You're just either bomb jumping, or temporarily releasing the Spider Ball in order to fall down to a lower magnet-track.

You don't have to, but it doesn't mean you can't; the ends of the tracks have enough of a perpendicular edge to the wall that you can boost along and up them a bit in place of drops and bomb jumps.
---
The Unoriginal White Sheet - http://masterzed.cavesofnarshe.com/
-Master ZED