How to make money fast...

#1Dogsrule53Posted 11/8/2009 9:13:47 AM
I go to the winter mine, and I can only get to the first few levels. I ship what I find and it seems like my $$ doesn't go up at all. sigh...
---
ACXWW
jean hOtel fc=064642068915
#2OmniMimePosted 11/8/2009 1:30:24 PM
winters more of a realxitiopn period fpr the first 4 years until you can get cursed tools, and even then its still mainly a relaxation period.
---
If Sephiroth can survive death, he can survive a huge rock.
#3Dogsrule53(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2009 3:39:00 PM
I was reading somewhere on these boards what you should accomplish after the first year. Well, I have not done much!
I do have 4 chickens, two sheep and 2 cows. Other than that, that is all. I have turnips planted right now, because, they grow so fast. I am just trying to make money....
---
ACXWW
#4PancettiePosted 11/17/2009 2:50:59 PM
do you have the sprites working on your farm? you should get 2 water sprites, 4 harvest sprites, and 1 animal sprite

they are the key to making money
#5Dogsrule53(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2009 4:16:27 PM
How do you get them to like you so you can hire them????
---
ACXWW
#6Unicorn_FirePosted 11/20/2009 5:58:13 PM
^ Flour, dood. Lots and lots of flour.
---
I set unicorns on fire for fun. :D
#7PancettiePosted 11/20/2009 6:12:11 PM
Or give them colored grass relative to their own color. Once a day. Flour is also excellent.
#8FranckKnightPosted 12/5/2009 8:26:46 PM
I have a guide that I started writing years ago, still missing some info, but it's basically a walkthrough for the first year. How to many alot of money and mostly get situated for the second and up years.

There's no simple way to go at it, and everyoen plays differently, but my guide pretty much focused on getting the rucksack upgrades rapidly, upgrade tools as fast as possible (all blessed before the second year), friendship with people that count (Carter, sprites...), get a a few farm animals (chickens are easy, cows and sheeps are up to you really) and most house extensions in the first first. Nothing about wedding, but since the characters don't start to marry before the 3rd year, you usually have enough time if you did everything else in the first year.

Second year is mostly consolidating all of that and making money off your field by abusing the sprites :P

I'm debating just posting it up as it is.
---
Shameless plug for personal gaming blog :
http://fk-nantonaku.blogspot.com
#9lol54321Posted 12/6/2009 7:00:27 AM
arh.. winter... the season i h8 most!!
1st yr earned 150k, lost 200k
2nd yr earned 170k, lost 210k

Ok... earning money in winter is a pain, unlike sweet potatoes and corn which give almost free money winter, u must grind the mine...

go to the 30,50 and 70 floor on winter mine and hunt alexandrite and pink diamond which gif 10k each, jus hunt for them twice a week and try not to spend too much, get cursed tools on the 1st yr and see them shine on the 2nd.
#10airtraffikerSPPosted 12/20/2009 10:39:19 PM
Actually if you set up the sprites working for you pretty quickly into the opening season you should be straight for the rest of the first year. There's a website packed with info about FoMT, it's fogu or something I don't have the link on this computer. But also if you do the "Goddess Gameshow" on TV the first 5(?) days of the game you can get things to jam into your shipping box and make money from. But that takes a lot of luck (or a ROM).

Also there's a little program that can help you design your farm so you can plan out how you want to set it up (for cows chickens and crops that is). Also don't put the cows outside :P I never had to, I have to restart my game cause I'm not sure where I left off with it. Well except that I was stuck trying to get the cursed hoe which wouldn't pop up for me.
---
Bored. And Tired. Need Pizza.
More topics from this board...
Heal or Hurt's comeback!!sir_kay10310/28 9:40AM